Nerf Einherjer Aspect

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Einherjer buff is silly

Postby dafels » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Remove it jirbo or you I am going to dodos the server!!! :oops: :@
dafels

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:36 am

calm down...
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 am

Obviously not removing it, don't be silly. Could consider nerfing it a bit, but I like the mechanic.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:53 am

jorb wrote:Obviously not removing it, don't be silly. Could consider nerfing it a bit, but I like the mechanic.

what exactly do you like about it? I think I've built a pretty storng case you can't just say "I like the mechanic" where are the arguments???
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:16 pm

I like the aesthetics of sacrificing to the ancestors for a sizeable buff to combat abilities, and I like the numen mechanic.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:22 pm

jorb wrote:I like the aesthetics of sacrificing to the ancestors for a sizeable buff to combat abilities, and I like the numen mechanic.

It's very unfun, overpowered/mandatory if you have a strong ancestor and only really has a purpose to the very strongest of players, all of whom are opposed to the mechanic even existing. Sometimes you need to sacrifice good aesthetic for the mechanic not being garbage.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm

And if it were a 0.5% buff it'd be irrelevant, so I'm sure there's some point where it's just fine.

jorb

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:34 pm

jorb wrote:And if it were a 0.5% buff it'd be irrelevant, so I'm sure there's some point where it's just fine.

if it's strong enough to be relevant, then it's a mandatory annoyance for strong players. if it's not strong enough to be relevant, it is irrrelevant. there is nothing interesting about this mechanic. Tweaking it only modifies just how much buff players are willing to do boring shit for. Not healthy.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Vert » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm

weakness debuff for 24 hours that reduse agi str ua and melee after inherit ends
Last edited by Vert on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vert

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
jorb wrote:And if it were a 0.5% buff it'd be irrelevant, so I'm sure there's some point where it's just fine.

if it's strong enough to be relevant, then it's a mandatory annoyance for strong players. if it's not strong enough to be relevant, it is irrrelevant. there is nothing interesting about this mechanic. Tweaking it only modifies just how much buff players are willing to do boring shit for. Not healthy.

I don't agree. You could argue that way about anything. There are degrees of relevancy.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas