Nerf Einherjer Aspect

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Crazy Loophole Titans Exploit to Boost Stats(Legal Cheat

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:Renamed the topic cause most players probably have know idea wtf "Einherjer" is.

I didnt even know that it exist in hafen. Thought it was only in legacy.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 pm

yeah most people don't know
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Sarge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 pm

You should have seen us back in the hayday. 1 month inactive? Pfff. Pre-curio system we'd have a stronger toon up and running in no time. ~1 week to move sliders from full change to to full tradition, go for a suicide swim and get the toon into an around the clock lp grind for a few days with full village support.

The things you can do in an organised village with a few no-lifers should not be underestimated. (Can tell you stories about creating wall-bashers in just over a week).

We reported it back then already (2010) as completely and ridiculously OP and every major player, to the best of my recollection agreed. Exactly nothing has changed 8 years later. It has been very mildly nerfed purely as a consequence of the curio system capping lp grind much much harder and sliders being done away with.

So, good luck with this.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Re: Einherjer buff is silly

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 pm

jorb wrote:And if it were a 0.5% buff it'd be irrelevant, so I'm sure there's some point where it's just fine.

Knock it down to 25%. If people quit using it all together, or complain it is now useless, then either the cost is too high for the benefit, or just not enough benefit. Adjust. Repeat until there aren't many or no complaints.

Sarge wrote:We reported it back then already (2010) as completely and ridiculously OP and every major player, to the best of my recollection agreed. Exactly nothing has changed 8 years later. It has been very mildly nerfed purely as a consequence of the curio system capping lp grind much much harder and sliders being done away with.

I remember reading a few of those threads. I was like "whaaaaat?" And then I learned enough about the game and started working out some of the maths.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Potjeh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 am

Indeed, I think if it's going to stay the best would be to drastically nerf it and at the same time lower the cost so it's not useless.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby azrid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:58 am

Make numen cost reflect on how many stats your ancestor had.
Stronger ancestor wants more sacrifices.
azrid

Postby Field » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 am

azrid wrote:Make numen cost reflect on how many stats your ancestor had.
Stronger ancestor wants more sacrifices.

So effectively requirements scale infinitely up (while you're alive and raise your stats). Actually this one seems good. More numen points the stronger your char was but with some proper maths to it and not fixed "well, over 10k stats pay 50 numens".
Field

Postby azrid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:06 am

1 numen point=50 combat stats
azrid

Postby Dakkan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:07 am

If this is supposed to be a way to call upon ancestors for strength, it shouldn't be an infinitely repeatable thing. The ancestor strength pool should be finite. Sure if you're a titan and die, you can call upon this ancestor's strength for crazy temporary boosts. Once. The next time the boost is much less. Eventually you burn up the ancestor spirit and they have nothing left to give you.

Or the village-only thing, I like that too. Or a situational type of ancestor-summoning.
Dakkan

Postby IngloriouslyBad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 am

I also had no clue that this even existed. That's so bullshit. Like, is this a joke? Why is this a thing? Not to sound like a whiny sob, but dammit if this doesn't look like something that that's pretty much only used by the big timers of haven. I mean, maybe one day I could do this, if the world lasted, oh say, another year and if I had time to actually play round the clock. I GOT BILLS TO PAY AND MOUTHS TO FEED. How yall end up getting a 10k character is still a mystery to me. I hardly have a 300HHP and 200MC character after months upon months of playing.
IngloriouslyBad

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas