Potatoes!!!!!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Potatoes!!!!!

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Daaneesh wrote:Omg I fail at forums lmao

:lol:

@ Shubla ... thanks for the veg lesson ... :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby tigerlrg245 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:12 pm

micro transactions were invented by ea in the early 21st century but yet theyre in the game your move potato h8ters ???
tigerlrg245

Postby Daaneesh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm

You know, I bet there are quite a few items in the game that don't technically fall under the lore of Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. It's kind of (no offense) BS that there are items that don't fit in with the lore in anyway (AKA; Snowglobes, antfarms, bar of soup, dice... I'm not going to sit here listening everything, it may take awhile.), yet are in the game; But they won't add potatoes because it 'doesn't fit the lore'.

You say you 'loosly' fit in with the Slavic and Germanic myth and legend lore, and that's fine, but as someone with a German heritage I can honestly say we Germans love our potatoes and not putting them in the game because it doesn't follow along with the lore is a bit silly XD
Daaneesh

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:09 am

Daaneesh wrote:You know, I bet there are quite a few items in the game that don't technically fall under the lore of Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. It's kind of (no offense) BS that there are items that don't fit in with the lore in anyway (AKA; Snowglobes, antfarms, bar of soup, dice... I'm not going to sit here listening everything, it may take awhile.), yet are in the game; But they won't add potatoes because it 'doesn't fit the lore'.

You say you 'loosly' fit in with the Slavic and Germanic myth and legend lore, and that's fine, but as someone with a German heritage I can honestly say we Germans love our potatoes and not putting them in the game because it doesn't follow along with the lore is a bit silly XD

Yeah, but those are all silly little things added in the game because they're relatively insignificant. An entire new crop, which would become a new base part of the game, would feel out of place if it's not lore-friendly.

So i'd love potatoes to be added, but i can perfectly understand why they shouldn't/can't/won't.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby gastivazquezt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:34 am

+ 1 !!!
gastivazquezt

Postby DaniAngione » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Well, like others mentioned, there are other new world crops in the game like tobacco (although it was disguised under the tolkien-ish name of Pipeweed) and even though the squash/pumpkins are found elsewhere, the specific "halloween pumpkin" (winter squash) is a new world crop. Not to mention other little things...

But then here's an idea for a future world:

Generate two large landmasses separated by a big ocean. The second one would have no player spawns but all the "new world" stuff could only be found there... Exclusive biomes, crops, forageables, even creatures...
Make the ocean impossible to traverse (even with knarrs) and add a new, more expensive and time-consuming ship that is able to sail there.

Let the trade routes, colonies and the search for the new world begin :D

PS:
@Shubla, you were just wrong by 300 years, lol; it's actually ~500 years ago, not 200...
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Daaneesh wrote:You know, I bet there are quite a few items in the game that don't technically fall under the lore of Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. It's kind of (no offense) BS that there are items that don't fit in with the lore in anyway (AKA; Snowglobes, antfarms, bar of soup, dice... I'm not going to sit here listening everything, it may take awhile.), yet are in the game; But they won't add potatoes because it 'doesn't fit the lore'.

jorb wrote:but m-muh artistic license
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Potato.

Postby Axyx » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:50 am

Okay, I get the argument of not wanting new world crops in the game and keeping with the germanic/slavic world theme this game inhabits. However, you have already broken this with "pipeweed" which we all know is tobacco and that hails from the Caribbean and didn't see common use in Europe until about the same time as other new world crops.

I get it, developer selection. I'm just saying like it seems others have before me..

Potatoes would be really nice to have. I know it would be complicated to add anything at this point but for real...potatoes please?
Axyx

Re: Potato.

Postby axus » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:52 am

I look at field. It is empty. Potato is beautiful dream. Such is life.
axus

Re: Potato.

Postby mulamishne » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48725

Odd tubers are edible now, isn't that enough?
Why are people randomly obsessed with adding another purposeless crop?
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas