Potatoes!!!!!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Potatoes!!!!!

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm

New world crop. I know we have others, but muh artistic license.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

^^ Ahh right ... and, lol. What about leeks? Are they new world crops? If not, lets have leeks. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Leeks could be fine. Will consider. Should they count as an onion type, you think?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Well they are related to the same family group which I hadn't considered before, I just love leeks, lol, so, yeah they probably should count as an onion type but then maybe make some specific leek dishes, esp using cheese, like buttered leeks and cheese, bacon, cheese and leek pie, crab and leek pasties, etc.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:56 pm

while we're on the topic of Alliums, what about garlic??
ArgentRhapsody

Postby Daaneesh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 pm

jorb wrote:New world crop. I know we have others, but muh artistic license.

O_o Shepherd's Pie though...
Daaneesh

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
Daaneesh wrote:
jorb wrote:Not keen on spudsies, I'm afraid.

Would you be able to expand on the reasonings?

Actually I wanted to ask the same thing, just out of curiosity .. what do you have against potatoes?
Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend.

Potatoes were brought from Peru which is located in south america only 200 or so years ago when americas were being colonized byt he europeans. Thus it does not fit in a game with slavic and germanic myth and legends.

I think that before potatoes people ate things like cabbage, turnips and bread. Which all we have already implemented, except for rye bread!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Daaneesh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend.

Potatoes were brought from Peru which is located in south america only 200 or so years ago when americas were being colonized byt he europeans. Thus it does not fit in a game with slavic and germanic myth and legends.

I think that before potatoes people ate things like cabbage, turnips and bread. Which all we have already implemented, except for rye bread![/quote]

Snowglobes were invented in 1900, yet they are in the game. With that logic, they should not be...
Daaneesh

Postby Daaneesh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:58 pm

shubla wrote:

I think that before potatoes people ate things like cabbage, turnips and bread. Which all we have already implemented, except for rye bread!

Snowglobes were invented in 1900, yet they are in the game. With that logic, they should not be...[/quote]
Last edited by Daaneesh on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daaneesh

Postby Daaneesh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Omg I fail at forums lmao
Daaneesh

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas