New extremely rare curios

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: New extremely rare curios

Postby azrid » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:44 am

How about jorb adds them but doesn't say he did?
azrid

Postby Dakkan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:48 am

azrid wrote:How about jorb adds them but doesn't say he did?

Definitely. Part of the mystery is not even being certain they exist!
Dakkan

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:23 am

Dakkan wrote:while en route to the center of the Earth in very realistic movies.

:lol:

Maybe be able to crack them open for giant diamonds or some Unobtanium or something?

Yeah!! I love stealth adds like this. Makes the world feel more mysterious.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Dakkan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Dakkan wrote:while en route to the center of the Earth in very realistic movies.

:lol:

Maybe be able to crack them open for giant diamonds or some Unobtanium or something?

Or nothing, though no one ever programmed Hearthlings to read empty space!

MagicManICT wrote:

Yeah!! I love stealth adds like this. Makes the world feel more mysterious.

Exactly, it's fun when an object is so rare that even the wiki is unreliable, I definitely remember earlier days of hearing about some items and not believing it, and secret releases would help that. Anyone can make up absurd claims of finding fake stuff like talking whales.
Dakkan

Postby Attas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 am

Instead he said he added them but actually didn't.
Attas

Postby Dakkan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 am

Attas wrote:

Instead he said he added them but actually didn't.

Prophetic.

New round!

Mighty Ammonite: Similar to the giant turnip, a gigantic ammonite fossil found very rarely while mining which can be used as a seat. There are some pretty huge examples of these irl.

Inchworm: More extremely rare foragables! An inchworm, extremely small. Unfortunately the map indicator will probably ruin it though.

Trilobite: Yet another thing for miners to find occasionally. It could also be a slightly more common spawn like a glorified petrified seashell, and works for the fossil collection as well. I actually kindof wish there were rare curio collections, but that's a whole different topic.

Seductive Carrot: Carrots could use an absurdly rare curio find.

Immense Pearl: Better time than ever for this one with the pearl diver credo, a rare find when getting a pearl. It should probably have negative LP gain, based on this. Still usable in pearl recipes though, but it should be incredibly rare enough that its novelty is a big part of the value.

Migratory Coconut: Given all the birds we have lately, this could spawn upon catching a bird. I'm sorry if you need a source.

[Player's Name]'s Foot: based on the Salish Sea human foot discoveries (oh cool they found more recently!), any player who drowns or has their corpse decay in water generates a custom foot curio which is depositing in the global water pool.
Dakkan

Postby DatSheep » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:01 am

Love the mighty ammonite, foot and seductive carrot ideas.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Dakkan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:17 am

Normally I'd wait for a larger amount of new ideas, but I had a crash and lost a few good ones, so better to post now I guess. (And I mean "woke me up in the middle of the night and I had to write it down," quality of good idea. And it was still amazing even when fully awake later! Gone forever)
Again, for those too lazy to read the full thread, these are moreso collectable finds than functional curios. Meant to be absurdly rare and thus not farmable. Flavor items.

Murderous Reek: Rarely found from picking up a murder tracking scent. Or from creating one?

Right here on my list was the good one. I remember adding it right above the following idea. Ripperoni.

Disgusting Visage: Rarely found on metal paving. We have lots of different items that spawn on different surfaces, but none on metal. A tarnish in the shape of a pareidolia-esque face could be one that spawns on metal paving.

Anomalocaris: Rarely found while fishing underground. An ancient organism, they thought for a long time from fossils that it was multiple different creatures. Underground H&H seems appropriate for some ancient monsters.
Dakkan

Postby Ants » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 am

I think rabbits need something like golden eggs.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Dakkan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:39 am

Ants wrote:I think rabbits need something like golden eggs.

Rabbits foot? It is a bit easy to produce, but very appropriate. Maybe just make it rarer?
Dakkan

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas