Combat System Brainstorm

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Combat System Brainstorm

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:45 am

what?
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:47 am

I think call down the thunder should be brought back with neat animation!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:54 am

i mean these would be nice, if mods and bots didn't exist... but then other areas of the game would suffer
iamahh

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 am

what?
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby azrid » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:27 pm

iamahh wrote:i mean these would be nice, if mods and bots didn't exist... but then other areas of the game would suffer

I think you need to explain the bot thing further
azrid

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:13 pm

goodness sake, the constant gripes about, "well, i think a bot could do this" or "might be bottable" is taken to such extremes that its hard to develop anything meaningful sometimes without having a portion of the community foaming at the mouth.
AntiBlitz

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:50 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:goodness sake, the constant gripes about, "well, i think a bot could do this" or "might be bottable" is taken to such extremes that its hard to develop anything meaningful sometimes without having a portion of the community foaming at the mouth.

simple solution for that would be if devs banned/nuked a few bots from time to time or choose some mods to do it for them and 90% of botters would stop botting instantly cuz they'd be afraid to lose their villages n shit hehhh
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby sinko » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:goodness sake, the constant gripes about, "well, i think a bot could do this" or "might be bottable" is taken to such extremes that its hard to develop anything meaningful sometimes without having a portion of the community foaming at the mouth.

simple solution for that would be if devs banned/nuked a few bots from time to time or choose some mods to do it for them and 90% of botters would stop botting instantly cuz they'd be afraid to lose their villages n shit hehhh

scaramouched would still bot

tbh
sinko

Postby Makzul78 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Bump.

I can't stand target systems.
jorb wrote:Inb4 red bounding boxes, movement indication vectors, &c&c. Bye art, hello matrix, tru pvp4lyfe #winning.
Makzul78

Postby synaris » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:51 pm

"Counter" moves. such as special types of throws that can catch unarmed attacks within say, a second of them happening, if you time it right you can catch an opponents attack, cancel it and hit them with a counter. needs a throwing animation too. obviously it shouldnt work on melee combat as catching a sword or axe blade with your bare hands is fucking stupid.

melee combat should get its own counter moves, make parrying moves for swords and bashing moves for shields to make them viable again.

give two handed spears tripping and disrupting moves that lengthen the opponents current cooldown.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas