turnip recipes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: turnip recipes

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 pm

synaris wrote:pickled turnips.

Pickled carrots, pickled beets, pickled ... anything. Anyway, that's my point. I haven't found a turnip dish ever that can't be substituted with something else.

synaris wrote:also i hate the current variety FEP system. im tired of having to write down what feps i get from food after gambling with ingredients. i want a few more recipes where the feps are set in stone. like honeybuns.

I'm a bit torn on this myself. On the one hand, if you're a hardcore casual like myself, you just cook with whatever is on hand and are happy you can do so (1), if you're casually hardcore, you try to focus on making the key best dishes (2), and if you're completely hardcore (3), you make the same half dozen best dishes and completely ignore everything else.

(1) this system is a big boon for this type of player as anything works.
(2) this system only has a little meaning. Odds are this player is going to at least focusing on staying on the better end of the spectrum, even if they don't put in the grind for the absolute best.
(3) We might not know who these people are, but we know. ¦]
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: turnip recipes

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm

One of the glories of variable inputs is that we meaningfully can add new plants without having to add a fuckton of recipes at the same time. Will add recipes for both turnips and leeks.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas