Grapes are a fruit

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Grapes are a fruit

Postby Mario_Demorez » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:30 am

Grapes are a fruit, why can they not be used in a fruit pie?

Edit:
Actually the crafting menu says "Fruit or Berry" which is specifically a grape in both terms. Why the hell can I not use grapes!
Image
And the image for the crafting menu is a grape...
Mario_Demorez
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby ctopolon3 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 am

u also cant drink a grape juice... it normal here
chat with me https://discord.gg/8caX3qH @STASON
CURIO TABLE https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
waiting in update:
1.usable charter or no roads when outlaw
2.each attribute have combat/craft/life profit
3.make archers great again (more weapons, more styles)
4.roads on map, share maps
User avatar
ctopolon3
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:22 am
Location: RUS

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby overtyped » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 am

in haven and hearth, grapes can either be eaten as they are, but NEVER DRANK OR MIXED WITH OTHER FOOD! LEARN IT
User avatar
overtyped
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Quaran book burning festival

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 am

overtyped wrote:in haven and hearth, grapes can either be eaten as they are, but NEVER DRANK OR MIXED WITH OTHER FOOD! LEARN IT


B-but what about raisins?
THIS IS MY PICKAXE. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.
User avatar
Audiosmurf
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Ice Hell

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby synaris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:43 am

i agree that its bullshit you cant use grapes as a fruit or berry.

raisins count as fruit though. so there is still technically a way to use grapes as generic fruits. i make cornucopias out of em.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
User avatar
synaris
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:58 am

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby overtyped » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:14 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
overtyped wrote:in haven and hearth, grapes can either be eaten as they are, but NEVER DRANK OR MIXED WITH OTHER FOOD! LEARN IT


B-but what about raisins?

No, you don't understand, let me clarify; It's fine to transform grapes into different forms, and these forms are fine to consume as long as grape is not in it's name. Grape juice has grape in it's name so you can't consume it, but wine/raisins doesn't so it's edible. You are not under any situation allowed to put grape into a recipe, just as in the bible you cannot mix fabrics.

I hope this clarifys things for you.
User avatar
overtyped
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Quaran book burning festival

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby synaris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:43 am

overtyped wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:
overtyped wrote:in haven and hearth, grapes can either be eaten as they are, but NEVER DRANK OR MIXED WITH OTHER FOOD! LEARN IT


B-but what about raisins?

No, you don't understand, let me clarify; It's fine to transform grapes into different forms, and these forms are fine to consume as long as grape is not in it's name. Grape juice has grape in it's name so you can't consume it, but wine/raisins doesn't so it's edible. You are not under any situation allowed to put grape into a recipe, just as in the bible you cannot mix fabrics.

I hope this clarifys things for you.


just gonna clarify that fabrics thing. https://www.gotquestions.org/different- ... abric.html old priests seemed to be a bit conceited.

unless your argument is that only the likes of jorb and loftar may put anything with the word grape into their mouths? maybe they could clarify.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
User avatar
synaris
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:58 am

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby overtyped » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:07 am

synaris wrote:
just gonna clarify that fabrics thing. https://www.gotquestions.org/different- ... abric.html old priests seemed to be a bit conceited.

unless your argument is that only the likes of jorb and loftar may put anything with the word grape into their mouths? maybe they could clarify.

Well, dissect from the bible what you want to follow and what you don't, it's not said to be the holy word of god or anything. :roll:
As for grapes in your mouths, i dont understand what you mean. Anyone can eat grapes.
User avatar
overtyped
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Quaran book burning festival

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby MrPunchers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:57 pm

It's because grape stains are hard to get out of pies.
Onep wrote:...alludes to the futility of existence. Why must one strive so hard, when in the end, all one's fruits turn to dust. It leaves us with a sense of humility. Truly, life is just the passage of time from our own perception.
User avatar
MrPunchers
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:54 am
Location: Under a really big rock

Re: Grapes are a fruit

Postby overtyped » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 am

MrPunchers wrote:It's because grape stains are hard to get out of pies.

don't speak nonsense.
User avatar
overtyped
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 am
Location: Quaran book burning festival

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LadyGoo, synaris and 6 guests