Losing items in toolbar to building and shift-click

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Losing items in toolbar to building and shift-click

Postby » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:18 am

Convenience/QoL

I often carry clovers with me, on the off-chance I'll see a mouflon to shear or an aurochs to milk. I keep it on my hotkey toolbar for convenience, and it's highlighted yellow in my interface. I have accidentally shift-clicked my clover into a compost bin a bunch of times. As a response, I learned to take my clover out of my inventory before filling my compost bin. Which works, but it's annoying, as I have to go get it, and put it back on my hotkey bar each time.

I also often carry a rope with me to use to leash my horse when dismounted. I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally built said rope into some stationary object I was building. In this latest example it was a potter's wheel.

Suggestion: Don't allow shift-clicking or building-in for items on the hotkey toolbar, much like we can't use them in crafting recipes.

Re: Losing items in toolbar to building and shift-click

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Will consider, at least.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Losing items in toolbar to building and shift-click

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 am

✧ wrote:Suggestion: Don't allow shift-clicking or building-in for items on the hotkey toolbar, much like we can't use them in crafting recipes.

What I've seen other games do is shade out items missing that are hotkeyed but not in inventory. When the item is put back in inventory, then the key is usable again.

Honestly, I sometimes find it annoying that my builds are blocked if I forget to close the craft window, but sometimes I like it, too, as I can get pretty scatterbrained when I'm shuffling around doing chores. I wouldn't object if certain items were reserved in inventory because they're also hotkeyed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas