RE: Wicker Picker

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

RE: Wicker Picker

Postby ricky » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:01 am

Increased internal size of Wicker Picker by one row and one column. Not sure that actually makes it useful, but lacking ideas for how to actually and properly balance it against traveler's sacks.

I suggest exchanging the straw twine in the recipe for cattail fibers. I would think once you have the resources to produce straw/hat, you're already capable of making hard leather. Lowering the tech of the wicker picker to something more easily found such as cattail fibers would make it easier for the nabs to produce early game, which is where its needed.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Re: RE: Wicker Picker

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:34 am

Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DPblH » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 am

Make it work like a stockpile: just a stack of items without any inventory. While we have at least one item it cannot be put into inventory. The more quality we have on wicker-picker -- more capacity it have.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm

I agree with the idea that the wicker picker, given the items it is limited to, should have a significantly larger capacity. I'd also like to see eggs added to the list of things you can harvest with it (And an experience event if you fill it with eggs "All Your Eggs in One Basket")

If the fibers are changed to cattail fibers (making it an early game item) and the capacity is made to be larger than that of the Wanderer's Bindle at Q10. It should be able to continue being relevant beyond the Traveler's Sack's capacity, given that it's a specialized item.

When one sacrifices capability one should get an enhancement of its available abilities.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Return to Critique & Ideas