Murder Skill

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Murder Skill

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Nerf grievous damage from players by like 5%, or nerf the maximum amount of damage from concussion, because the RNG variance on that is retarded. But add in a murder skill that goes:

"Increase grievous damage to players by 5%, but also take 5% more grievous damage."

Basically if a player with the skill fought someone without it, the grievous damage would be the same.

But if 2 players with the skill fought each other, they'd deal 5% more grievous damage to each other. Thus, players that want to PvP can "opt-in" for the murder aspect of it.

Implementation may vary. It could just unlock a hearth magic or toggle that does this effect for 24 hours so buying the skill isn't a noob-trap, and people being unprepared for a gank don't get wrecked.
DDDsDD999

Re: Murder Skill

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 am

Jorb mentioned that personal beliefs in some form will likely be back eventually on stream. I think this would be perfect for whatever that version is. It's basically just the life/death slider that we used to have, but actually could be useful now.
DDDsDD999

Postby Onep » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:27 am

I like this idea
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Ardennesss » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:20 am

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I feel like a blanket increase to Grievous damage would just encourage KITO spam until they're low enough that a heavy cleave has enough Grievous damage behind it to kill them, which seems to be the current meta. The issue with grievous damage is that if you miss your chance to kill them, they just hearth home. I don't remember grievous ever being a concern in Legacy because once they were KO'd it was over. I'd rather see an opt in system where you can give up your right to hearth when KO'd in exchange for being able to kill KO'd players who also opted in. Keeps the sprucecap protection aspect intact, while giving PVPers an incentive to be more bloodthirsty.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:05 am

Ardennesss wrote:I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I feel like a blanket increase to Grievous damage would just encourage KITO spam until they're low enough that a heavy cleave has enough Grievous damage behind it to kill them, which seems to be the current meta. The issue with grievous damage is that if you miss your chance to kill them, they just hearth home. I don't remember grievous ever being a concern in Legacy because once they were KO'd it was over. I'd rather see an opt in system where you can give up your right to hearth when KO'd in exchange for being able to kill KO'd players who also opted in. Keeps the sprucecap protection aspect intact, while giving PVPers an incentive to be more bloodthirsty.

no one will do this for the extra 5% grievous damage, why risk your character for that lol. plus id imagine you cant opt back out for a while to prevent people from just opting in and out.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 am

Pretty good. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Fostik » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:24 am

Yeah, you cant do X but if you will buy a skill everyone can buy you will able to do X.
What was the reason to add hearthing by knock, if you will add a skill allow to kill anyway?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Fostik wrote:Yeah, you cant do X but if you will buy a skill everyone can buy you will able to do X.
What was the reason to add hearthing by knock, if you will add a skill allow to kill anyway?

It's an opt in thing, with obvious downsides. If both sides don't opt in, then it stays the same or even less dangerous.
DDDsDD999

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:17 pm

Fostik wrote:Yeah, you cant do X but if you will buy a skill everyone can buy you will able to do X.

The idea is that if you wanna be able to kill more easily, you'll be able to get fucked more easily. This gives fighting players a litle bit more killing which I'm sure many players in the pvp community are missing, while for people who don't buy the skill absolutely nothing changes except that if other people who don't buy the skill down you, you're actually less likely to die. Seems pretty good. Although I suspect it'll end up in strong fighters getting focused more as people who don't do the cleaving aren't going to want to buy the skill. How good or bad this is, is debatable. I have very little idea to how it could turn out. Seems interesting though, as it's another risk and reward aspect. I wonder how much 5% changes. If people die by like 50 health it could mean a shitload. Never done the calculations.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Aceb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:13 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:

It's an opt in thing, with obvious downsides. If both sides don't opt in, then it stays the same or even less dangerous.

As long as with skill there comes toggle that cannot be turned off for some time, then yeah.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas