Village Alliances

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Village Alliances

Postby MinionTwo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:37 pm

in old worlds, you would have a large village that was supported by smaller villages and this could go out a few iterations. and in this current world we have hermits taking over old villages.

What i propose is an alliance system that will allow us to ally with a village, and then the members of the allied village will show up in our village permission list. this would allow an allied hermit to enter a friendly village and help while a player has to be away without sharing login info, as well as allowing a a king to visit cities in his realm without having to get shared permissions from a villager.

granted this is more helpful to smaller villages and hermits, but i think that it could have some decent RP and societal uses.
Onep wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen more of them dead than alive, but look at em! He says "roadkill" but he means cuddles.

jorb wrote:If we introduce neutering I'll fix it so that y'all can eat balls.
MinionTwo

Re: Village Alliances

Postby Lyrroth » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Too big potential of having one character allied to many villages but for personal use, not a normal alliance in this sense.
Lyrroth

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:07 am

This has been asked for for a while, and I can't say as there's any pressing reason NOT to do it. Realms were supposed to be the answer to this, but they're an incomplete one at best.

I think this could be expanded by making alliances a costly (authority-wise) thing to maintain. An alliance should cost a princely sum of authority to establish, and then require a % of the LP/Auth generated by both of the villages in question to maintain, each alliance steadily reducing the amount of authority the involved villages get to generate from generated LP. These sums would have to be quite costly in order to prevent rampant abuse of the system, and it would no doubt cause havoc with the permissions system.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby LostJustice » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:21 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:This has been asked for for a while, and I can't say as there's any pressing reason NOT to do it. Realms were supposed to be the answer to this, but they're an incomplete one at best.

I think this could be expanded by making alliances a costly (authority-wise) thing to maintain. An alliance should cost a princely sum of authority to establish, and then require a % of the LP/Auth generated by both of the villages in question to maintain, each alliance steadily reducing the amount of authority the involved villages get to generate from generated LP. These sums would have to be quite costly in order to prevent rampant abuse of the system, and it would no doubt cause havoc with the permissions system.

No. Just no. This I can see will be abused. And to say making the cost to prevent it from being abused is only telling yourself a lie. If it is a benefit to a faction in any way then they will use it and abuse it regardless of the high cost. And to further note what might seem as a high cost to you so no where near a reasonable or high cost to a faction. A faction already generates ridiculous amounts of authority because they have the resources to do so. I like the concept but honestly this concept already technically exists. If you place a pclaim down before a vclaim then this already happens and that option is free and existing.
LostJustice

Postby shubla » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:32 am

Good idea. I think it should work like this, kind of like in OP:

Any village can ally other villages.
Permission system would apply to all players in the allied village the same way as it applies to your own villagers currently.

But authority gain, roles to manage the village/oath people in etc. would only apply for players that are part of the village, not allies.

Players from allied villages would have some icon show up above them, indicating perhaps that they are allies or even from which village.

There may also be a chat for allies, but I'm not sure how that would work if there are multiple villages with multiple non-transitive allies..
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Critique & Ideas