Dig Deeper - Mine-hole Edition

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Dig Deeper - Mine-hole Edition

Postby itworkss » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 am

How about some mine-holes that go directly to a certain cave level?

Not entirely sure how to implement it, but that's where you clever folks come in.

Instead of having to dance between five different holes/loading screens, might be nice to just have one hole that goes all the way to the bottom.

This could be much more expensive than a normal hole, and exponentially as the depth increases.

Could give it some kind of window like travel signs have, which allows you to select the level / add another level. I feel this may become cumbersome in itself, having to navigate through yet another window... might be better still though.

Food for thought. Opinions?
itworkss

Re: Dig Deeper - Mine-hole Edition

Postby itworkss » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:25 am

Give us a level 6 cave with lava while you're at it.
itworkss

Postby Lyrroth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:01 pm

First of all, did You even tried to search? I swear to God I remember most of those threads already being somewhere in the past.

Secondly, NO. I see it hard to even implement since each level is related to another and what are you trying to force here, mario pipe?

-1 to all
Lyrroth

Postby iamahh » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:34 pm

level 6 is a lava ocean with one small island with a cave, there lives a creature strong as the world's LP, defeating it means wipe
iamahh

Postby Mario_Demorez » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:32 pm

You could add a "Mine Lift" or some sort. You stand on it, takes an animation. Then you choose the level and it goes to that level. Can only be used by one hearthling at a time and requires a wait if its not on the level you are at that moment.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:58 pm

I see no issue with being able to immediately travel to a level from the top minehole... HOWEVER... it would have to operate the same as roads do (meaning you can be interrupted on the way down) and you would have to build the initial mineshaft all the way down. There'd need to be a way to build a minehole directly over another so that you have a 'through' option.

Essentially... I think it requires revamping the minehole.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Dakkan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 pm

"Elevator" search results:

Multi-level minehole This exact topic.
Mine carts About transporting bulk raw materials across z-levels, elevators come up on page 2.
Tired of labour? This idea will SHOCK YOU!!! Terribly named thread about freight elevators, with this noticeable quote:
jorb wrote:I like the idea of a mine elevator!

I like the idea that the freight elevator is an upgrade of the mine shaft, powered by the windmill. Mine shaft only goes up/down 1 level, freight elevator can be extended vertically over many levels and uses a flower menu to pick the destination. Normally I hate flower menus but if it saves multiple loading screens AND has bulk capabilities then it would be so, so worth it.

I also would like more cave levels. Another type of underground feature could be chasm, uncrossable black pit(until bridges are implemented). Could generate similarly to how underground rivers do.

tags for future searches:
mineshaft minehole shaft hole elevator ladder multi-level lift
Dakkan

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:24 am

Dakkan wrote:

I like the idea of a freight elevator if it is *required* for transporting animals, vehicles, and carried objects into and out of mine holes.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Dakkan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Dakkan wrote:

I like the idea of a freight elevator if it is *required* for transporting animals, vehicles, and carried objects into and out of mine holes.

I'd like something for the wagon at least.
Dakkan

Return to Critique & Ideas