Make claims cost real money

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make claims cost real money

Postby bitza » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:04 pm

i'm gonna go one step further and say characters should cost real money. would give the devs some money and hopefully reduce alting
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:14 pm

bitza wrote:i'm gonna go one step further and say characters should cost real money. would give the devs some money and hopefully reduce alting

They should limit it to 1 client per computer. Maybe you could buy additional characters to the account that you could use consequently then.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:36 pm

shubla wrote:
bitza wrote:i'm gonna go one step further and say characters should cost real money. would give the devs some money and hopefully reduce alting

They should limit it to 1 client per computer. Maybe you could buy additional characters to the account that you could use consequently then.

Literally impossible to enforce.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Aceb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Not on a level You expect it would.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Literally impossible to enforce.

But it would make it much more difficult to use multiple clients nevertheless.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 pm

not a good idea to split the player base in rich/poor
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Spin2Win » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

guys we have to make stats cost money
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Don't be retarded.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby bitza » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm

jorb wrote:Don't be retarded.

i'm dead ass serious about paid character slots. one of the biggest balance issues ever since the inception of the curio system is how easy it is to create disposable / redundant alts. in world 7 i had like 6 main characters specced for different things to mitigate any possible risks. a farmer, a crafter, 2 combat chars, 2 forager alts on full tradition, not to mention a shitload of garbage alts for claims and scouters and god knows what else. from what i can gather the mechanics related to this haven't changed much, other than it's necessary to do quests to keep up with xp requirements. recent events (gergden, etc) have shown this hurdle to be just a minor speed bump.

i remember old worlds before the curio system came out, where LP was action based. other than how easy it was to bucket bot and whatever else, it was a better system because it required more investment to get that LP you needed other than crafting a few things and doing a few quests. most people i knew back in those days (before the bots became widespread) only had one character, and even the heavy pvp crews of the day had to think hard about whether or not they were going to go out and fight, because fighting or leaving scents meant you put your farmer, carpenter, jewel crafter, etc, on the line. with the right setup now of infrastructure and alts, as we've seen, death is more a minor inconvenience than something to seriously consider every time you left your walls.

so, the proposal is:

each character slot is a one-time cost, like $5 or something. to inherit after a death is free. if the player decides they really need those alts, they'll have to pay up.

if we wanted to not punish the playerbase so much, or put the entire game behind a paywall, the first character in each account could be free. however, this would necessitate some way to allow only a single instance of the haven client per computer (this sort of thing is beyond my expertise so i don't even know if it's possible)
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm

bitza wrote:
jorb wrote:Don't be retarded.

i'm dead ass serious about paid character slots. one of the biggest balance issues ever since the inception of the curio system is how easy it is to create disposable / redundant alts. in world 7 i had like 6 main characters specced for different things to mitigate any possible risks. a farmer, a crafter, 2 combat chars, 2 forager alts on full tradition, not to mention a shitload of garbage alts for claims and scouters and god knows what else. from what i can gather the mechanics related to this haven't changed much, other than it's necessary to do quests to keep up with xp requirements. recent events (gergden, etc) have shown this hurdle to be just a minor speed bump.

i remember old worlds before the curio system came out, where LP was action based. other than how easy it was to bucket bot and whatever else, it was a better system because it required more investment to get that LP you needed other than crafting a few things and doing a few quests. most people i knew back in those days (before the bots became widespread) only had one character, and even the heavy pvp crews of the day had to think hard about whether or not they were going to go out and fight, because fighting or leaving scents meant you put your farmer, carpenter, jewel crafter, etc, on the line. with the right setup now of infrastructure and alts, as we've seen, death is more a minor inconvenience than something to seriously consider every time you left your walls.

so, the proposal is:

each character slot is a one-time cost, like $5 or something. to inherit after a death is free. if the player decides they really need those alts, they'll have to pay up.

if we wanted to not punish the playerbase so much, or put the entire game behind a paywall, the first character in each account could be free. however, this would necessitate some way to allow only a single instance of the haven client per computer (this sort of thing is beyond my expertise so i don't even know if it's possible)

I pay for subscription because I have been playing for 9 years and I have faith. Tbh not many players do. Theyd just quit and go to another game thats FREE. They tried to make time in the game cost money and it did not work.
Mario_Demorez

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas