Credos quest completion as a store item that can be traded.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credos quest completion as a store item that can be traded.

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:03 pm

So some dude was trying to sell an account with lots of credos for in game tokens.
And it just hit me, I would pay so i would get to skip some credo quests, sins i work and do not have that insanely amount of time to do quests.
So I was thinking that we should have an item in the store that lets us complete 1 credos quest, but it can be bought in bulk 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100 for a reasonably amount.
When used it complete what ever credo quest we are on and we get a new one, can be stored in heart fire and be stolen/lost/tradable between characters.

Also these can not be sold until after 3 months of a new world, so it wont break the game for everyone at the new beginning.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Re: Credos quest completion as a store item that can be trad

Postby Aceb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:08 pm

I wasn't sure shubla, spin2win or someone would push me beyond this point but

edit: I take that back. Shubla offically won the competition.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Spin2Win » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 am

Aceb wrote:I wasn't sure shubla, spin2win or someone would push me beyond this point but

edit: I take that back. Shubla offically won the competition.

am i famous now? thanks
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:05 am

here is ingame item from bat caves for finsh quests, dont seen it for sale at CF.
pay2win good mech... id love to donate 300$ at world start (credos)
if current credo system would not changed -> 20 credos * 8 hrs =160 hrs after world start => all credos account (WTB)
ctopolon4

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:31 am

Absolutely fucking not. You can do a private transaction if that floats your boat, but for fucks sake don't standardize this as a play to win. No, just fucking NO.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Spin2Win » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Absolutely fucking not. You can do a private transaction if that floats your boat, but for fucks sake don't standardize this as a play to win. No, just fucking NO.

PAY* TO WIN OKAY
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Account trading by any means is forbidden. Just because you see people engaging in such doesn't mean it should be legitimized through methods such as this. It's one of many things that went wrong with Salem.

The means of monetization of a game need to be designed into it from the ground up, not tacked in as a "Oh look, the players want this... then we'll sell it so they can buy it."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:27 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Account trading by any means is forbidden.
Lol good joke
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Account trading by any means is forbidden.
Lol good joke

And yet people have had accounts banned for it....

Yes, I'm aware people engage in it way too frequently. People engage in account sharing way too frequently because claim management and security is nearly impossible without doing so. Without using a lot of "outside" resources to track who's doing what, it can be difficult to track internally from just server information. The forensics and accounting used by other MMO developers and publishers can be pretty extensive. Even they don't really prevent it. What do you expect two guys to do about it other than ban it when they can catch it?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:56 pm

They don't ban it when someone reports it, let alone expecting them to catch it on their own. Accounts are openly sold on Discord, and everybody usually even knows who ends up buying it. It's not a taboo thing, nobody is worried about getting banned for it. You're telling me with a straight face that the next time someone sells an account, I can PM Jorb and they'll get banned? Wanna bet?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Return to Critique & Ideas