Crafting Simplifier, Accelerator

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Crafting Simplifier, Accelerator

Postby GaraDasha » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:55 pm

I want to be able to click the materials required for a recipe and have that link to the material's recipe, if it is available?

Forexample; I want to craft Bouqet of Flowers, but I don't have cloth. Can I click cloth box right next to "Input:" menu of crafting Bouqet and crafting Cloth page opens up. Ofc this linking function needs to be applied to all crafting recepies and mats etc.
GaraDasha

Re: Crafting Simplifier, Accelerator

Postby CaddoPuma » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:01 pm

This isnt a new idea, but it's a good one. I actually made the same suggestion some time back. Granger also posted a reply in another thread which sorta mentions the same thing - I think - but I find his writing style overcomplex and confusing so I'm not really sure what he's suggesting.
CaddoPuma

Postby Granger » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:28 pm

I was basically saying that it should be possible to trigger crafting through an item and in case you don't want to make the item itself drill from there to what you actually want to make (one of its ingredients or some thing that can be made from it) as an alternative to the current crafting menu that is by category.
And to integrate building into that, so you can initiate building objects from the items in your inventory (eg. operating build on a branch to make a fire) and crafting by interacting with workstations (eg. operating craft on a loom to make cloth).

TL;DR: get rid of build/craft categories and make these two actions that are operated on items in inventory or workstation objects.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Gerdgen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:09 am

CaddoPuma wrote:This isnt a new idea, but it's a good one. I actually made the same suggestion some time back. Granger also posted a reply in another thread which sorta mentions the same thing - I think - but I find his writing style overcomplex and confusing so I'm not really sure what he's suggesting.

Multiple times people have suggested it, and I love each time when he references that wall of text for a such a simple idea.
Gerdgen

Return to Critique & Ideas