using almond

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

using almond

Postby KeiKei » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:05 am

we need some recipes that include almonds.

some new pancakes would be nice

almond in a cake maybe
KeiKei

Re: using almond

Postby DPblH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:51 am

Yes, 8055 different possible recipes isn't enough for this game, pls add more.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Scilly_guy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am

Generic nut recipe would be nice.
Scilly_guy

Postby bitza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

grind almonds in a quern to make almond milk for those people who can't tame animals
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:28 pm

DPblH wrote:Yes, 8055 different possible recipes isn't enough for this game, pls add more.

Is that the actual number? Figured it'd be higher... like 20k. That people only use a few dozen of them...
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SZklana » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:12 am

MagicManICT wrote:
DPblH wrote:Yes, 8055 different possible recipes isn't enough for this game, pls add more.

Is that the actual number? Figured it'd be higher... like 20k. That people only use a few dozen of them...

this number: https://certainly-not-a-cat.github.io/cookbook/
SZklana

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 am

MagicManICT wrote:

Fighter:
Meat Pie(pork, what, pepper or unspiced)
Osc
MBC
Harmesan
Sunlit

Crafter:
Tuber mash(carrot+goat)
Butter Steamed Cavebulbs(generic)

Archer:
Majorero

If you wanna do do some weird fancy stuff:
Sweet Beets
Honeybuns
Ring of Brodgars(honey+barley)
Formaela
Gevrik
Tuber Mash(beets+sheep)
Spitroast Pork
Pumpkin Pie
Piglet Wurst

Have I missed anything?

The Cookbook hasn't been entirely populated yet. There are a lot more. ily everybody who contributed to The Cookbook
It seems to me the already large variety of foods, especially if the hunger system were working as intended, doesn't accommodate different playstyles; it's just a 10k+ long list of red herrings for new players. Less foods, not more, please.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby KitsuneG » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 am

Actually generic Nut recipe would be good, we already even have this category and 1 recipe (nutjerky).
some pie
or cake

P.S. about Cookbook after they add spices there would be much more variations, we just add just a little of them for now.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:31 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It seems to me the already large variety of foods, especially if the hunger system were working as intended, doesn't accommodate different playstyles; it's just a 10k+ long list of red herrings for new players. Less foods, not more, please.

Pretty much my opinion. There's a mathematical solution to the cookbook if anyone cares to figure out the matrix... too complex for me, though. Maybe we'll convince jorb or loftar to drop us some hints.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Dakkan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:It seems to me the already large variety of foods, especially if the hunger system were working as intended, doesn't accommodate different playstyles; it's just a 10k+ long list of red herrings for new players. Less foods, not more, please.

Pretty much my opinion. There's a mathematical solution to the cookbook if anyone cares to figure out the matrix... too complex for me, though. Maybe we'll convince jorb or loftar to drop us some hints.

MATLAB, deploy!
Dakkan

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas