Road cascade decay

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Road cascade decay

Postby Dakkan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:47 am

The world is polluted with roads.

Montage_of_screenshots_that_are_hilariously_crowded_with_roads.jaypig

I was thinking that, similar to how destroying one wall segment causes a cascade effect of many wall segments being destroyed, when a decay hit (AND ONLY A DECAY HIT)destroys a road segment, it could cause a similar cascade effect, destroying multiple connected milestones. If a connecting milestone has additional roads, the cascade can't continue. Overall this would only affect unused and forgotten roads I think. Even roads I'm negligent on upkeeping still take forever for the ends to accrue decay damage, so this might not even help with the road burden of the world, but it would be a nice start!
Last edited by Dakkan on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dakkan

Re: Road cascade decay

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:05 am

Easy +1, the road problem has been severe for quite some time.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:41 am

Please don't buff road bashing, the roads get bashed all the time already and it's the most annoying thing in the game. Something to make it so they don't get in the way would be nice.
DDDsDD999

Postby Granger » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:07 am

There have been some discussions about how the road mechanic could be modified to motivate players to prefer leveraging already existing ones (which already cover a part of the way they want to connect) which would lead to a more natural road network with real main roads - instead of the mess of point to point ones we currently have.

I would prefer that over ways to destroy the, then obsolete, current mess.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:38 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Please don't buff road bashing, the roads get bashed all the time already and it's the most annoying thing in the game. Something to make it so they don't get in the way would be nice.
Dakkan wrote:when a decay hit (AND ONLY A DECAY HIT)destroys a road segment, it could cause a similar cascade effect,
Come on man...
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Return to Critique & Ideas