Some combat ideas for next world

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Some combat ideas for next world

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:31 pm

loftar wrote:Actually, please let me ask what y'all think about the speedbuffs in general. Do you agree that they're a nice idea if just polished enough, or do you believe the game would be better off without them, plain and simple?

no its a good idea gives a chance for the person getting attacked to get away, but as it is rn there is just too many of them and its always the person running away that gets them. some balance and i think it would be perfect.

p.s. i think that once you have the speedbuff you cant take any other buffs during the debuff timer and also cant delete the buffs by running over them forcing you to take other routes to avoid buffs during that time.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby IngloriouslyBad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm

I never saw any use in them, or realized that they were actually useful till my village buddy said they're meant for PVP, then my thoughts were, "oh... well that's dumb". If they had some use beyond pvp I guess it would remove my personal dislike of wind thingys
IngloriouslyBad

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 pm

IngloriouslyBad wrote:I never saw any use in them, or realized that they were actually useful till my village buddy said they're meant for PVP, then my thoughts were, "oh... well that's dumb". If they had some use beyond pvp I guess it would remove my personal dislike of wind thingys

Combat moves have no use outside of combat, thus they should be removed. Speed buffs are more useful than your shitty post.
DDDsDD999

Postby Aceb » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 pm

IngloriouslyBad wrote:I never saw any use in them, or realized that they were actually useful till my village buddy said they're meant for PVP, then my thoughts were, "oh... well that's dumb". If they had some use beyond pvp I guess it would remove my personal dislike of wind thingys

They are handy inside and outside combat. Seems inside too much. Just because You don't use them, doesn't mean rest don't, lol.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby MightySheep » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:13 pm

I didnt play with them yet but I like anything that break the monotony of ENDLESS character chases. When chasing someone and you're all running at exactly the same constant speed and every time you catch up you have to break the defense before you can even do damage. There does need to be some extra variables or events that influence character speeds.

However this only favors running away, which isn't great. I think that firstly the speed buffs should be way less frequent and secondly they should not be consumed instantly, but rather they should disappear after 10 seconds. This would let multiple people run through the same speed buff which would make them a less effective running away tool and also would be interesting in other areas. For example you could have your team standing by a speed buff waiting for enemy to come in range or baiting with 1 character.

I also like the idea of speed buffs being a move that you can use with a penalty attached. Maybe a health cost or temporary fighting stats debuff.
MightySheep

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:16 am

an ability would always be in favor for the gank squad since a stat debuff wouldnt mean shit when a guy is getting gang banged by like 8 people.

p.s. i think rawhide costs too much exp early on 2500 is a lot and you can burn through it quick if you were to get chased by a group of horseback bois,
something lower like 500 would be a better idea imo.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:32 pm

wonder-ass wrote:i think rawhide costs too much exp early on 2500 is a lot and you can burn through it quick if you were to get chased by a group of horseback bois,
something lower like 500 would be a better idea imo.

This. Except 500 is still on the high end, tbh. One of the benefits to broken questing was that everybody could spam rawhide willy-nilly, and I'm pretty sure everybody liked that.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas