Critique: Oceans & Continents

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Critique: Oceans & Continents

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:36 am

This prediction on how the world would turn out aged super well.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby MightySheep » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:51 am

oceans are cool in theory, lame in practice

something tells me gorb and lofty are too attached to the idea to give it up though
MightySheep

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:37 pm

I would make it so that there is big continent in the middle where everybody spawns, and smaller mini-continents and islands around it. I even made this paint image demonstrating what I mean.
Attachments
mapgenconcept001.png
mapgenconcept001.png (29.93 KiB) Viewed 275 times
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:39 pm

fairly irrelevant now that you can use charters over ocean and can travel with redhanded through them.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:54 pm

wonder-ass wrote:fairly irrelevant now that you can use charters over ocean and can travel with redhanded through them.

With that concept map Charter Stones would again fail to teleport anyone across the ocean. SInce everyone would spawn on the supercontinent, settling on many of the mini-continents would be voluntary option for isolation.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas