Deplete rare resources on launch day

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Deplete rare resources on launch day

Postby SaltyCrate » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:10 pm

I would prefer if at least some percentage of natural reesources contained a single piece. I like that there is some additional incentive to explore starting from the first day, beside picking base spot. And from what I remember of W10 start having some of rare resources was a nice thing but nothing game-breaking.
SaltyCrate

Postby joojoo1975 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:45 pm

SaltyCrate wrote:I would prefer if at least some percentage of natural reesources contained a single piece. I like that there is some additional incentive to explore starting from the first day, beside picking base spot. And from what I remember of W10 start having some of rare resources was a nice thing but nothing game-breaking.

botting/exploitation is already considered game breaking per say. and with the concept of "free alts" this form of exploitation will also lead to . . . well you get the idea.

I would suggest not having the special rescources in from day one but added in a later date. But then J&L would just be accoused of "seeding" one faction over another.

This is what happens when your fundamental system can be screwed by exploiters/botters. I would say bring back stat caps, but i dont want a ton of pitchforks thrown at me and such
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby SaltyCrate » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:botting/exploitation is already considered game breaking per say. and with the concept of "free alts" this form of exploitation will also lead to . . . well you get the idea.

No I don't, so please do enlighten me. What I imagine could happen is that someone spends hours spawning alts instead of playing from the beginning to get miniscule amount of alts with 1 resource each. With no easy means to collect those resources from them I see no problem.
SaltyCrate

Postby joojoo1975 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm

SaltyCrate wrote:
joojoo1975 wrote:botting/exploitation is already considered game breaking per say. and with the concept of "free alts" this form of exploitation will also lead to . . . well you get the idea.

No I don't, so please do enlighten me.

they spend hours spawning alts and only keep the ones by special rescources. they then use a bot to collect the rescources. later on in the timeline. they use other alts or per chance(but i doubt it) thier main to get to the location of said rescource alt and log it in where it then proceeds to drop all its stuff and viola wash and repeat. mind you, i'm willing to bet someone out there has a whole plethora of botting programs that this whole process is totally automated.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby maze » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:09 pm

+1
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:42 pm

There has been the idea that natural resources move (vanish ans spawn somewhere else) after being harvested, that would at least mess with exploit of parking alts next to them.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby SaltyCrate » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:44 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:they spend hours spawning alts and only keep the ones by special rescources. they then use a bot to collect the rescources. later on in the timeline. they use other alts or per chance(but i doubt it) thier main to get to the location of said rescource alt and log it in where it then proceeds to drop all its stuff and viola wash and repeat. mind you, i'm willing to bet someone out there has a whole plethora of botting programs that this whole process is totally automated.

How is it at all to relevant to resources not starting empty? You could do all that regardless.
SaltyCrate

Postby MightySheep » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm

the rare resources are cool but not a fan of what it turns into where everyone got alts for every node and have them on timers then later on palisades etc

why dont you just make them a bluebell/flotsam type thing where they randomly spawn across the map, thats way more exciting
MightySheep

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 pm

MightySheep wrote:the rare resources are cool but not a fan of what it turns into where everyone got alts for every node and have them on timers then later on palisades etc

why dont you just make them a bluebell/flotsam type thing where they randomly spawn across the map, thats way more exciting

I think original intent is for these thing to be hotspot for PvP since player will try to contest them. This is also reason we can inspect time for one to spawn. At first you can not tell when it will spawn, but the men say that if you know about it then you can go and fight for it. I think mostly people do not bother with this though because why will I spend as much effort to contest your claim on resource if I can contest your claim on homeland?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby WitchKiller » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 pm

How about the resource spawn not being static, and instead despawn completely after X resources are taken (like 1-5) and spawning elsewhere. Last world I ran around and saw that all icicle spawns were already walled with claims along the walls since the resource itself has some claim protection, essentially the same thing for early world though. No ones spending time to siege resources.
WitchKiller

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas