Deplete rare resources on launch day

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Deplete rare resources on launch day

Postby Burinn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 pm

WitchKiller wrote:How about the resource spawn not being static, and instead despawn completely after X resources are taken (like 1-5) and spawning elsewhere. Last world I ran around and saw that all icicle spawns were already walled with claims along the walls since the resource itself has some claim protection, essentially the same thing for early world though. No ones spending time to siege resources.

Static resources make loci of control on the map. I don't know how I feel about this.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Burinn wrote:
WitchKiller wrote:How about the resource spawn not being static, and instead despawn completely after X resources are taken (like 1-5) and spawning elsewhere. Last world I ran around and saw that all icicle spawns were already walled with claims along the walls since the resource itself has some claim protection, essentially the same thing for early world though. No ones spending time to siege resources.

Static resources make loci of control on the map. I don't know how I feel about this.

You talk about this? What is relation of this psychology and map resource?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby ctopolon4 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 pm

what about harvesting rare resources via alts? 2-4 HF near each resource at world start...
ctopolon4

Postby Burinn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:28 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:what about harvesting rare resources via alts? 2-4 HF near each resource at world start...

What? How would that be an equitable solution.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby WitchKiller » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Burinn wrote:

A tricky issue to skirt, but not impossible to keep some aspect. Give everyone a new experience quest if a rare resource spawns within X tiles of their current location that alerts them to its presence, the resource will start at 0 resources. This gives people time to find it and amass whatever troops they want to fight over the subsequent spawns. It despawns and appears elsewhere where it all happens all over again.
WitchKiller

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas