Idea. Ships

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Idea. Ships

Postby Jackwolf » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:06 am

boogis wrote:
Yorla wrote:
ok ive herad you. your point is - its not a HH setting idea
my point is - the same, but i dont care.

Elaborate on this then.

im not gonna, i didnt tell it to you. if you wanna elaborate read whole our conversation. i do explain to regular people if they dont understand, but if you think im not worth to post my ideas befor playing it like for years then i dont feel to explain it to you befor you read entire convesation. i hope such treatment feels good for you :)

Since this was directed at me, I stand with Yorla. It doesn't seem like you care; you're picking and choosing which points to fight for with great disregard for those who are trying to understand your idea as well as help you refine it so it does fit within the scope of HnH. Beyond the issues that have already been explained to you there lies one final issue; all the ships and things you've proposed are centered around large crew sizes, which is an uncommon thing on Haven. At most if things are implemented I expect to see no more than 2 ballistae or catapults on the largest ship we have (larger than a Knarr, even)

If you want anyone to take your ideas seriously you have to actually be willing to revise them at the behest of those well versed in Haven without snapping at people and bickering without reason beyond "they didn't like my idea". No idea is perfect in its first incarnation, learn from that. I'm done here
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Antaraner » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:14 am

Its nice that the OP explained us the physics of roling heavy objects via tree trunks. Totaly fascinating i never knew you could do that. :lol:

You cannot just build ship in the forest right? actualy you can ppl do it since the dawn of time even vikings. You know like the knar.

When we have to make molds for Bronze products we can talk abot bells and after that about why we will not get cannons cuz we have no gunpowder.

Sea battles
First you know we have not even bridges or ships which you can walk on. But tell me more of your grand vision.
Its not like the developer is working on a client rewrite and someday we will get that you can walk on boats or built modular buildings.
But no tell me more of your vision. Maybe we could have rum and parrots. Eyey matey.

is that some kind of troll post or some serious idears.
There was that guy in the total war warhammer forum that rly rly wantet angels and hatet arabia that guy made similar post and behaved similar. First it was entertaining, then he got angry, and bam his acc got banned. Now he is a meme. I am still unsure if that guy was trolling evryone or just crazy. Here i getting a troll feeling.
Maybe thats the kind of troll will stopp ppl from digging unter the new deep water in w11.
Antaraner

Postby boogis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 pm

boogis

big boatses

Postby shubla » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

There should be even bigger ship than knarr.
It should have multiple masts and stuff, you could use it to transport animals.
But it could only be used in oceans! As it would be too large for rivers. (One can use rafts for rivers)

It should also be very expensive to build, require lots of wood, cloth. metals, tar.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MadNomad » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:32 am

this is not a XVIII th century game :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but yeah we could move livestock with knarrs that's very important!!!
MadNomad

Postby Mafious » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:40 am

i think i remember loftar saying that the client doesn't support ships bigger than the knarr.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas