Idea. Ships

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Idea. Ships

Postby Yorla » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Interesting, what part of me is special...
On the serious note: Boogis, I'm sure you can come up with something really useful with all your enthusiasm. Just try to move in right direction and push one idea at a time. For example, make research on viking culture and ships and make something of them.
And here I should apologize for my spelling... But I won't! Deal with it :P
Yorla

Postby boogis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:08 am

Yorla wrote:Interesting, what part of me is special...
On the serious note: Boogis, I'm sure you can come up with something really useful with all your enthusiasm. Just try to move in right direction and push one idea at a time. For example, make research on viking culture and ships and make something of them.

yes, i did search for vikings culture i read books and watched shows, films and wiki, plus we have vikings culture all over gaming industry, but its not the point. i said that i dont care cos cannon were very close to vikings culture, only like 100-200 years of difference. gunpowder was even earlier then vikings, saltpeter had seen Jesus. so when i said i dont care this means that i dont care if its exactly accurate in terms of history, we can close our eyes on 200 years difference like we closed our eyes on matches (invented in 17 senctury) on trolls which are never existed, on beaver queens, on greek mythology creatures, on walking trees and so on. cos this is just a game, we can do what we want. and if it suits naval contents why not to use it. but im fine even with authentic ships and ballistas and small catapults, i havent thought of it first, so we can use those as long as we can have big naval content with seabattles and so on. the historical accuracy thats what i dont care about, (as long there are no tanks and rockets) not hte game.
give us naval content - i dont care how. thats what i dont care.
boogis

Postby Embers » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:16 am

Mounting cannons or catapults on ships would require the object controlled objects technology, which will be worked upon after rendering rewrite. You could expect that level of detail only after technology has been implemented.
Embers

Postby Yorla » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:01 am

cos this is just a game, we can do what we want

Not exactly. The game has a concept and most of your proposals are falling out of the picture, that's why they are not supported by anyone. That's why we are keep sending you to play the game first. We like the game setting and we don't want to stretch it too much. Besides, devs have their own opinion and they already said that the gunpowder will not appear in the game. No point in insisting on that.

Embers wrote:Mounting cannons or catapults on ships would require the object controlled objects technology, which will be worked upon after rendering rewrite. You could expect that level of detail only after technology has been implemented.

And this.
Yorla

Postby blinx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 am

boogis wrote:
Yorla wrote:Interesting, what part of me is special...

yes, i did search for vikings culture i read books and watched shows, films and wiki, plus we have vikings culture all over gaming industry, but its not the point. i said that i dont care cos cannon were very close to vikings culture, only like 100-200 years of difference. gunpowder was even earlier then vikings, saltpeter had seen Jesus. so when i said i dont care this means that i dont care if its exactly accurate in terms of history, we can close our eyes on 200 years difference like we closed our eyes on matches (invented in 17 senctury) on trolls which are never existed, on beaver queens, on greek mythology creatures, on walking trees and so on. cos this is just a game, we can do what we want. and if it suits naval contents why not to use it. but im fine even with authentic ships and ballistas and small catapults, i havent thought of it first, so we can use those as long as we can have big naval content with seabattles and so on. the historical accuracy thats what i dont care about, (as long there are no tanks and rockets) not hte game.
give us naval content - i dont care how. thats what i dont care.

And we do not care what you do and do not care about. Jorb has explicitly said gunpowder and gunpowder-based technologies will definitely NOT be added.
blinx

Postby boogis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 am

And we do not care what you do and do not care about. Jorb has explicitly said gunpowder and gunpowder-based technologies will definitely NOT be added.

no one is talking to you :D
boogis

Postby Yorla » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:26 am

Ugh, Boogis, I don't know how you gonna get your ideas to be even looked at with such attitude.
Yorla

Postby boogis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 am

Yorla wrote:Ugh, Boogis, I don't know how you gonna get your ideas to be even looked at with such attitude.

come on just wake up, no one cares niether for attitude nor for historical accuracy, its a matter of what boss will say. if developers said vikings must have tobacco, then vikings will have tobacco. and no one care that cannons and gunpowder were hundreds years earlier then tobacco in europe, they do what they want and they dont care, then why should I ? ¦]
boogis

Postby Granger » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:02 pm

boogis wrote:come on just wake up, no one cares ... for attitude

I do.

Please keep this discussion civil so we don't meet here.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby boogis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:04 pm

it isnt nice attitude to impudently put in ward of two persons, but no one cares and they do it (not you granger haha), so why should I ? :)
boogis

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas