quest giver protection

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

quest giver protection

Postby minorchik » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:45 pm

1. meke quest giver not destroyable like http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Localized_Resources
2. while destroing guest giver player will see effect like blood splashing and will have chance stoppped this action.
minorchik

Re: quest giver protection

Postby Granger » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Quest giver should be free spirits inhabiting the object (tree/stone), they should move to another nearby object should their vessel be destroyed or claimed.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Granger wrote:Quest giver should be free spirits inhabiting the object (tree/stone), they should move to another nearby object should their vessel be destroyed or claimed.

meh what is the fun in that. the way they are right is good just make it a crime cutting them down like a vandal crime.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby KitsuneG » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
Granger wrote:Quest giver should be free spirits inhabiting the object (tree/stone), they should move to another nearby object should their vessel be destroyed or claimed.

meh what is the fun in that. the way they are right is good just make it a crime cutting them down like a vandal crime.

And works like hearthfire destroy, when you can destroy them without crime on your claim.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby Yorla » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 pm

+1 Or better yet - move to a random object not necessarily nearby.
And here I should apologize for my spelling... But I won't! Deal with it :P
Yorla

Postby Granger » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:30 pm

With 'nearby' I ment in the general area, not the closest compatible object.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Aceb » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Granger idea is good. Giving them protection out of blue will make people stumble upon them too often, hindering their expansion.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Jackwolf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 am

Or perhaps have them >gain protection as quests are done for them, along with perhaps size and other aspects? Each quest done for a quest giver can decrease the speed or increase the number of chops/chips it takes to destroy them. Maybe even if you've done enough quests for a giver then other players have an increased chance of gaining them as a giver, furthering their bonuses.

Early on in w10 I use to make shrines around some of the givers I would find, paving the areas or making fencing and such. Placing bushes in an organized fashion, etc. It was fun, and felt like a nice way to appease the spirits.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby 2d0x » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:18 am

But this does not solve the problem of capturing the questgivers. Tree/stone may be on someone else's claim, behind a palisade. I would like to avoid this.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 am

either siege the person and kill them for blocking it or abandon plenty of other trees around.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas