quest giver protection

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: quest giver protection

Postby 2d0x » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 am

wonder-ass wrote:either siege the person and kill them for blocking it or abandon plenty of other trees around.

Hi, Captain Obvious! Siege for the quest tree %D
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Ag_Revol » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:13 am

2d0x wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:either siege the person and kill them for blocking it or abandon plenty of other trees around.

Hi, Captain Obvious! Siege for the quest tree %D

Holy Crusade indeed
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby boreial » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 am

Agreeing With Granger on this one, never thought I'ld admit to that!
boreial

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 am

2d0x wrote:
Granger wrote:Quest giver should be free spirits inhabiting the object (tree/stone), they should move to another nearby object should their vessel be destroyed or claimed.

But this does not solve the problem of capturing the questgivers. Tree/stone may be on someone else's claim, behind a palisade. I would like to avoid this.

Given my comment they might end up behind a palisade, but never on a claim as they would relocate.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Granger wrote:Quest giver should be free spirits inhabiting the object (tree/stone), they should move to another nearby object should their vessel be destroyed or claimed.

You know, jorb has always been sort of non-commital on this and any time I've seen a comment it was almost like the person who was doing the destruction really wasn't doing anything overall. I might even be inclined to make a wild speculation that they already do respawn in the world... It just causes all the current quests they've given fail.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:18 pm

theyre fine as they are t b h
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Well, at least having some indication that the tree you are chopping or the stone you are chipping is a quest giver wouldn't hurt. It will be still up to you if you want to be a dick or not, but at least it will be an informed decision.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby SaltyCrate » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:03 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:theyre fine as they are t b h

This.

Hrenli wrote:Well, at least having some indication that the tree you are chopping or the stone you are chipping is a quest giver wouldn't hurt.

Well, devs disagree with you as Jorb stated that being unable to distinguish quest givers, unless you have quests with them, is a positive thing.
SaltyCrate

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 pm

SaltyCrate wrote:Well, devs disagree with you as Jorb stated that being unable to distinguish quest givers, unless you have quests with them, is a positive thing.

Source? search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=quest+giver&author=jorb&start=10 doesn't bring anything.

I would agree that not being able to distinguish it at the first glance is a good thing. Being able to get that info by actual interaction with the object in question is another story. And not being able to get that info at all is arguably the worst approach.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby SaltyCrate » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm

It was mentioned during one of the streams some months back as a comment on a similar proposal. I wouldn't be able to find the exact stream without certain effort and I am not sure I care enough to bother. Whether you take my word for it or not it wouldn't change the cnaces of it being implemented.
SaltyCrate

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas