wasting low q resourses system

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

wasting low q resourses system

Postby minorchik » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:53 pm

create "earth fire","water fire", "forest fire" costs 100 stones 1st level 1000 stones 2nd level 10000 stones 3lvl....

create reciept fish oil
0.1 litr fish_oil from one http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Filet_of_Any_Fish using http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cauldron

every fire use different resurses for work 1 liter per 1h and give 1 call magic after 24h:

"earth fire" use for liting linsen oil and give 1 call magic recipe "Fishers Request for a Catch "

"water fire" use for liting fish oil and give 1 call magic recipe "Mine Song "

"forest fire" use for liting tar(or 30coal per 1 liter tar) and give 1 call magic recipe "Commune With Nature" (but magic must work without any limits)

call magic recipe must die with time like http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Brimstone

time for magic bonus depends from (q fuel) * (level fire) *base_magic_time

i think its will be good idea for giving lowq resourses price over all world life
minorchik

Re: wasting low q resourses system

Postby Jackwolf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 am

I'm not really understanding your idea
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Bauta » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 am

Sounds like they want to cast hearth magic with excessive amounts of resources instead of exp, functioning as some kind of low-q item sink.
world 5: sprucecap
world 6: hermit
world 7: sprucecap
----
world 10: hermit
Bauta

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

One thing I've ended up in excess abundance was q10 charcoal from making Tar. I ended up dumping it just outside my claim just in case someone passing by would happen to need it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 pm

But what is the problem to be solved? Which gameplay mechanics force us to have an abundance of not needed stuff?

Without thinking too much only two things popped up in my mind. Credo quests and (first and foremost, actually) metal spiraling. Doing something with those directly sounds to me like a better approach. That is - if the idea was to do something with the abundance of resources forced on players by gameplay itself.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Necroliter » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Mining provides substantial amounts of low-Q stones, but that was never too big of an issue.

I feel like topic idea here is to provide GRINDY and time-consuming ways to creates something useful from low-Q stuff.

I oppose it, we have enough bots as is.
Necroliter

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Necroliter wrote:Mining provides substantial amounts of low-Q stones, but that was never too big of an issue.

Naah, it's not an issue. We don't have to keep them, only enough for the supports. If somebody hurdles low-q mined stuff to their base and then doesn't know what to do with it I wouldn't say it's gameplay-enforced. :)

Necroliter wrote:I feel like topic idea here is to provide GRINDY and time-consuming ways to creates something useful from low-Q stuff.

If that's the idea than I also think it's a bad idea.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:56 pm

minorchik wrote:create "earth fire","water fire", "forest fire" costs 100 stones 1st level 1000 stones 2nd level 10000 stones 3lvl....

create reciept fish oil
0.1 litr fish_oil from one http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Filet_of_Any_Fish using http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cauldron

every fire use different resurses for work 1 liter per 1h and give 1 call magic after 24h:

"earth fire" use for liting linsen oil and give 1 call magic recipe "Fishers Request for a Catch "

"water fire" use for liting fish oil and give 1 call magic recipe "Mine Song "

"forest fire" use for liting tar(or 30coal per 1 liter tar) and give 1 call magic recipe "Commune With Nature" (but magic must work without any limits)

call magic recipe must die with time like http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Brimstone

time for magic bonus depends from (q fuel) * (level fire) *base_magic_time

i think its will be good idea for giving lowq resourses price over all world life

Bauta wrote:Sounds like they want to cast hearth magic with excessive amounts of resources instead of exp, functioning as some kind of low-q item sink.

I think this is or is close to correct interpretation. Use some resource ''stones'' to create some ''elemental fire.'' It is not clear to me if ''stone'' is literal stone item or just word used to mean any item with low value. ''Elemental fire'' can be combined with some kind of oil to produce item which lets you cast a specific hearth magic spell (Commune With Nature, Fishers Request for a Catch, or Mine Song), depending on type of ''elemental fire'' and oil used. This spell item will decay over time like brimstone does. Given line ''time for magic bonus,'' this maybe indicate that the spell item do not let you cast spell for free (i.e. without XP), but instead inceases power of the spell when you do cast it. I am not sure on this one though. Justification for idea appears to be giving more value to these useless item, so that all item can be useful in some way.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby NewCydathria » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 am

Hrenli wrote:...problem to be solved? Which gameplay mechanics force us to have an abundance of not needed stuff?

I can think of 2 other examples which New Cydathria experienced. We had quite an extensive ranching operation which required a lot of fodder of ever-increasing quality to keep pace with the intentionally ever-increasing quality of the animals we were raising. The fastest and easiest crop to plant, harvest, and q up for us was Flax, which has a by-product of fiber. We literally have hundreds of stockpiles of very hiq flax fibers. We couldn't possibly make enough ropes and clothes to use all of it. But we couldn't stop producing flax because we needed the food for the animals.

Also as a byproduct of qinq up chickens and producing eggs, bones, and meat needed by the villagers we had a massive amount of impressive q (though by no means top q) feathers. I think many of these stockpiles wound up being destroyed because they mysteriously disappeared, seemingly overnight. I'm pretty sure they weren't used for beds and curios.

But his suggestion doesnt seem to address either of these issues so I really dont know what he's trying to achieve with this.
NewCydathria

Postby Embers » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:41 am

The idea is weird. Exp for casting magic is abundant, the system you suggested is somewhat complex without the need for it to actually exist. As for extra lowq stuff you got, you can always gift to a neighbour or dump on the ground
Embers

Return to Critique & Ideas