Respawning close to claimed land instead of to hearth

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Respawning close to claimed land instead of to hearth

Postby Bauta » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:22 am

Hey all, has anything gone towards respawning close-by after logging out on claimed land instead of to your hearth?
It' s one of those features I remember discussing about in chatrooms but a cursory search of the forums yield no answer.
Many a boat has been lost to poor internet connections while browsing exotic markets.

Especially now with a world reset around the horizon, I for one would really appreciate being able to respawn close to my former hermitage site after someone moves in and gives the place a new coat of paint (knocking down my hearthfire in the process).

Also shoutout to whoever runs Genama in the far north.
world 5: sprucecap
world 6: hermit
world 7: sprucecap
----
world 10: hermit
Bauta

Re: Respawning close to claimed land instead of to hearth

Postby Jackwolf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 am

Currently I don't think there's any plans to change this, as part of the reason it's there is to keep people from logging out on someones claim to camp them.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Bauta » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:48 am

I don't really understand that. You can already camp them from a nearby unclaimed location, and my suggestion would have you still moved away from the claim a minimap or two if that wasn't clear.
----
Bauta

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 am

Possibly a short grace period should be given to reconnect with the character in case the connection is lost.
Downside would be that the character would stay in the world, without user control, like being red-handed.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:24 am

I don't think it's that easy to define "safe and not abusable spawn nearby". Basically what you are asking for is an easy way to teleport to an undefined location. I am not saying it's impossible, but if to be implemented it has to be really thought through. The question is - is it worth the bother?
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Fostik » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 am

Bauta wrote:Hey all, has anything gone towards respawning close-by after logging out on claimed land instead of to your hearth?

Nice mechanic to make a new walljump.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Bauta » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Hrenli wrote:I don't think it's that easy to define "safe and not abusable spawn nearby". Basically what you are asking for is an easy way to teleport to an undefined location. I am not saying it's impossible, but if to be implemented it has to be really thought through. The question is - is it worth the bother?

How abusable would be for the game to just slide your location on a line to the nearest outer claim edge and then keep going on that line until it finds a tile with a mainland biome?

Also, I used the current tele-you-away-randomly-on-login mechanic to try and spawn closer to my destination, and I actually managed to log back in on private claimed land on a wild horse. Is this a known bug?
----
Bauta

Return to Critique & Ideas