RFC: Hunting Exploits

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

RFC: Hunting Exploits

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi!

I realize that it may pain you to give these up, but for the sake of the game, quality progression, general niceness, I ask you to.

I'd like to know all the good and easy ways you know of to go about killing animals that you really have no business killing on day one of a new world.

Help a brother out!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: RFC: Hunting Exploits

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Disable the spawn of animals like Mammoth, since those do not attack and have no business being attacked this early in the world.

Make temporary all bigger game like bears / walruses still strong but their quality nerfed greatly or their products being disabled apart from meat for the first week .
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Aceb wrote:Disable the spawn of animals like Mammoth, since those do not attack and have no business being attacked this early in the world.

Make temporary all bigger game like bears / walruses still strong but their quality nerfed greatly or their products being disabled apart from meat for the first week .

ye lets just take all the fun out of the game lol.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:08 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
Aceb wrote:Disable the spawn of animals like Mammoth, since those do not attack and have no business being attacked this early in the world.

Ye because killing bears and mammoth withing first 48 hours make big sense. I might argue with bears at least.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Aceb wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:

Ye because killing bears and mammoth withing first 48 hours make big sense. I might argue with bears at least.

humans have killed these animals with less why cant we ?
wonder-ass

Postby CSPAN » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Maybe not Day 1, but my early technique. (I have not played in a long time, so sorry if this is useless information)

What I would do is
-Get 2 boats, ride one, carry one.
-Find a skinny part of shallow water.
-Aggro something and bring it to spot
-Once in position, place extra boat behind it.
-Shoot from boat
-When it tries to flee, it has nowhere to go.
-Keep shooting
-Dead
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 pm

really you can kill anything with enough people some might die but the animal will eventually die.
wonder-ass

Postby KitsuneG » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Mammoth Trunk Gunk can be easy avoided if you lock up mammoth and then shoot him from the cliff hiding behind the log. It's not really gamebreaking due shitty q arrows early game - but still an exploit for me.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm

wonder-ass wrote:really you can kill anything with enough people some might die but the animal will eventually die.

Yes and that's why it is bullshit for me that 30 naked people can kill bear instead of being sliced and diced or just using boulder trick to kill anything. Or two boats. Or just conveniently shaped shallow water. Other thing is get proper equipment with party and kill your prey, other using tricks that requires only cheesing or zerg rush.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby minorchik » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:16 pm

all animal must get 30%+ melee/unarmed damage for death with good q corp.
if animal killed other way q of this animal =10
minorchik

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas