thoughts on bringing back perma death

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: thoughts on bringing back perma death

Postby HasseKebab » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:26 pm

jorb wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:where people wont get rage since they wouldnt actually benefit anything from getting it since if they get aggro'd they have the upside of being able to still save their characters upon ko.

The obvious benefit to getting the skill being that you would be able to attack others.

I mean yeah it is quite a benefit, but im afraid of the abuse scenario this implies. My question to you is. Is the person without rage allowed to kill the person with rage?
HasseKebab

Postby donatas081294 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:48 pm

wonder-ass wrote:the main reason so many big bois were running around is because of the fact they had bin koed many times before but got away through ko.
bringing back murder after ko will stop people from reaching insane stats significantly.

fuck off with your perma death. that's what is killing the game. if you want perma deaht, find a different game to play.
donatas081294

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:02 pm

donatas081294 wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:the main reason so many big bois were running around is because of the fact they had bin koed many times before but got away through ko.
bringing back murder after ko will stop people from reaching insane stats significantly.

fuck off with your perma death. that's what is killing the game. if you want perma deaht, find a different game to play.

lol are you autistic ? this game has always bin perma death up until now YOU should find a different game if you dont like it.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:08 pm

That would just result in usage of murder alts, while powerful fighters never get rage.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 pm

Getting knocked out could reduce your stats by some % permanently so it would be kind of middle-ground between permaeath and current KO.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby 2d0x » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:27 pm

"To be, or not to be, that is the question..." (С) PermaDeath
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby MightySheep » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:01 pm

donatas081294 wrote:fuck off with your perma death. that's what is killing the game. if you want perma deaht, find a different game to play.

You know if you just want an open world game where you can build shit thats been done a bunch of times better than haven. I dont get why youre even here if you not into high risk pvp because that the only thing which set haven apart really.
MightySheep

Postby Jackwolf » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:02 pm

HasseKebab wrote:
jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Simple solution: buying Rage disables KO for that character. These who want more dying can buy it, these who don't skip it like they already do...

Off the cuff, and without too much thought, I really like this idea. Will certainly consider.
Anyone can feel free to throw arguments against it if they have them.

Instead of Rage doing that how about you just add back the murder skill for say 100k lp which allows the player to murder other players with the murder skill and vice versa but cannot murder or be murdered by rage characters.

I'm kind of behind this one honestly. I've been away for a while so I forgot Murder wasn't even added in Hafen. Make it so fighters can take Rage without penalty, otherwise you can't even join a fight to save your buddy who is under attack. Add in murder for those who want to murder, and they too can be murdered. Those with Rage cannot murder if they do not also have Murder, period, even if they win the fight. Not every hearthling is a murder, merely a defender of themselves or their people. Beat the snot out of the bad guy, take his things, kick his arse back to his fire and leave him to lick his wounds.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby MightySheep » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:05 pm

heh murder alts great idea not
MightySheep

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:08 pm

Make rage a skill that allows you to Agro people. It also allows other people with rage to continue combat with you after you’re koed. Everytime someone’s kod they take permanent stat debuff. Seems reasonable. Death is already a stat debuff anyway.
Mario_Demorez

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas