self inflict wounds to remove warts

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

self inflict wounds to remove warts

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:10 pm

For too long we have suffered under the warts. Those of us who pursue beauty will strike the warts off, leaving a deep gash 10 times more damaging than the wart, but can be healed in other ways, leaving a tasteful scar and not an ugly wart! Right clicking it in the wounds menu should work?

To be fair, i used to have a bigass nasty wart on my knee as a kid, i got rid of it one day by lifting a suitcase i thought was heavy, but was light. Ripped that wart out root and all.
Last edited by overtyped on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Re: self inflict wounds to remove warts

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Don't try you bypass ancient roots you weasel.
I am on to you.
Some wounds MUST stay root only.
azrid

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:13 pm

azrid wrote:Don't try you bypass ancient roots you weasel.
I am on to you.
Some wounds MUST stay root only.

This isn't one of those wounds. It's caused when people who didn't know toad butter would leave them with a perma wound.
overtyped

Postby tetradigem » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:17 pm

thats not how warts work. the human papillomavirus cannot be "cured" and wart removal is temporary at best. best case scenario, over time the amount in your body will drop to an undetectable level, but wherever you got an infection will always have warts come back in the case of wart causing strains. in fact, your idea would most likely be extremely unhealthy as the scar tissue could cause the wart to root in deeper and spread the infection further, while doing little to nothing to prevent transmission of said wart.
tetradigem

Postby Vassteel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 pm

tetradigem wrote:thats not how warts work. the human papillomavirus cannot be "cured" and wart removal is temporary at best. best case scenario, over time the amount in your body will drop to an undetectable level, but wherever you got an infection will always have warts come back in the case of wart causing strains. in fact, your idea would most likely be extremely unhealthy as the scar tissue could cause the wart to root in deeper and spread the infection further, while doing little to nothing to prevent transmission of said wart.

Hmm I cut around a wart on the top of my hand with a razor, then yanked it out with pliers. 18 years later its still gone and the scar is barely visible now.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Would love it if you could cut it away with a sharp object, and have some chance that it goes away, and some risk that it simply returns, worse than before.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:35 pm

jorb wrote:Would love it if you could cut it away with a sharp object, and have some chance that it goes away, and some risk that it simply returns.

that sounds really cool!
overtyped

Postby Vassteel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:36 pm

jorb wrote:Would love it if you could cut it away with a sharp object, and have some chance that it goes away, and some risk that it simply returns, worse than before.

+1 I like this, keeps rootfil relevant too
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:37 pm

tetradigem wrote:thats not how warts work. the human papillomavirus cannot be "cured" and wart removal is temporary at best. best case scenario, over time the amount in your body will drop to an undetectable level, but wherever you got an infection will always have warts come back in the case of wart causing strains. in fact, your idea would most likely be extremely unhealthy as the scar tissue could cause the wart to root in deeper and spread the infection further, while doing little to nothing to prevent transmission of said wart.

Well, i have nothing resembling a wart anymore, no scar either, and it's been 15 years since the suitcase incident., that wart was a real whopper too, a real havenlike wart.

The wart and root i pulled out was like 2 inches long.
overtyped

Postby tetradigem » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Vassteel wrote:

Hmm I cut around a wart on the top of my hand with a razor, then yanked it out with pliers. 18 years later its still gone and the scar is barely visible now.

congratulations, you didnt bother reading my entire post. you do indeed have a wart in that same spot. its underneath the scar tissue which will still transmit said wart, though those on the hands have a very low rate of transmission if i remember correctly.

overtyped wrote:

Well, i have nothing resembling a wart anymore, no scar either, and it's been 15 years since the suitcase incident., that wart was a real whopper too, a real havenlike wart.

The wart and root i pulled out was like 2 inches long.

the same to you. you still have the wart and you still have HPV. said wart is hidden beneath a scar now. also if you pulled out a 2 inch root from your knee you would have had to be rushed to the hospital from the massive amount of blood youd be losing. you were correct in that the removal of a wart via self surgery should cause massive damage, because it does. but it still dosent remove the DNA virus from your system, nor does it actually remove the wart. especially in your case where you say you just pulled it out (by lifting a suitcase? what? did you tie a thread around it and drop the suitcase or something? that dosent make any sense at all). there would be massive amounts of the root still embedded around the sides of the wound. it was probably back before the scar tissue even formed. and it would be literally impossible for you to rip a 2 inch long wart root from your body, or any wart root for that matter, and not leave a scar. youre talking about removing not only all of your surface skin but the underlying muscle and connective tissue as well. that dose not heal without scarring in any case, and if the wart were to NOT return, said scar would look like a belly button.
tetradigem

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas