global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:52 pm

It was the same group of people that caused the issue. yes, I realize "Dis" as an entity didn't exist until w6.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SaltyCrate » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm

MagicManICT wrote:It was the same group of people that caused the issue. yes, I realize "Dis" as an entity didn't exist until w6.

No, it wasn't.
SaltyCrate

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 am

This thread needs a bump.
Pools should be removed, no one likes them and I wonder what devs even are trying to achieve with them!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Detharon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Sevenless wrote:Honestly I'm going to disagree that this system is inconsequential. I remember W5 forage bots, big factions didn't give a crap if you had flotsam or whatever it was meaningless to them because they had cupboards worth sitting around.

Maybe the global pool should become a local pool instead? Have it so each X by X area of the world spawns Y number of forageables per day scaled to world population. At least that way everyone gets a fair share and bots only deplete the area they're in?

I don't really know, I know the current system is lackluster in part because some of the global curios are kinda meh (lookin' at you bolete) when foraged.

I like that idea. It would also boost some hermits a bit, as their rarely visited foraging areas would bring them more curios, as compared to highly contested spots belonging to big villages.

I really thing that something should be done about it. Foraging is very disappointing right now, not only the number of curiosities is low, but there's also nothing to do in winter.
Detharon

Postby vatas » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:25 pm

My response from viewtopic.php?f=48&t=67685

vatas wrote:If I correctly understood how Global Pool works, then my local cave system is devoid of Glimmermoss because someone on the other side of the map is botting their own cave 24/7 and emptying the pool every time it restocks?

Maybe try making local pools so that I have to deplete my cave by myself?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby evilboy666 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:38 pm

I havent played in a long while, but i believe there are much more animals roaming around. Doesnt that make botting hard? Bots can fight animals too nowadays?
evilboy666

Postby dafels » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:07 pm

Get cucked noobs that can't code a forage bot, you don't deserve the global pool foregables!!!
dafels

Postby MightySheep » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 pm

global pool dumb
MightySheep

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:52 pm

vatas wrote:If I correctly understood how Global Pool works, then my local cave system is devoid of Glimmermoss because someone on the other side of the map is botting their own cave 24/7 and emptying the pool every time it restocks?

Maybe try making local pools so that I have to deplete my cave by myself?

Please, this. PLEASE. I'm sure you have those cave areas defined separately or something, since glimmermoss doesn't spawn in tunnels. Give them an individual pool rather than a global pool.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Aceb » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Nightdawg wrote:[...] since glimmermoss doesn't spawn in tunnels. [...]

Sorry to be a bringer of bad news, but it indeed does.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas