global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Postby NeoRed9 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:54 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote: NEVER IMPROVE

I agree completely. (the meds haven't kicked in yet)
NeoRed9

Postby Sevenless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:10 pm

Every version of these systems has been botted, and ironically the only one that didn't seem to be bottable players *hated* far more than any of the other versions. Fate system for any curious.

The idea of local resource spawn limits tickles my fancy. Yes, it'll be botted. But it also means that hermit out in bumfuckitstan can get some glimmi glimmi. Botters at least would have to spread their operation out much wider.

Edit: For what it's worth, I've been plenty able to take advantage of the global pool mechanic without botting. About as much so as the fate system previous, so roughly what the devs "want" us to get each.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby HasseKebab » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:36 am

I really think we could just have legacy power level of glimmers and edels, they dont have to be this powerful since they will be giga botted would there be no pool at all. But if they arent anything better than what we already can get our hands on they would actually be somewhat relevant due to the ability to actually consistently forage for them like most good early curio. Would also not be botted since they arent super curio.
HasseKebab

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:53 pm

VDZ wrote:There is no more convincing argumentation than just repeating your initial assertion over and over again.

I'm starting to notice a pattern. I thought they needed stuff to be reported 1 and a half years in advance before they start fixing stuff (like winter), but now I get a feeling it's just the amount of times people actually say it.

Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots. Global pools only benefit bots.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:55 pm

Global pools only benefit bots.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby shubla » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:03 pm

No comments from devs?

More than 100 posts. Should give some statement...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:24 pm

vatas wrote:Global pools only benefit bots.

global pools only benefit bots early game*
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby VDZ » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:46 am

wonder-ass wrote:

No, it's particularly later in the game. Early-game, when pool forageables are still plentiful, actual players will forage as well. Then the pool dries up and yields become low, and players get discouraged and forage less. Bots do not become discouraged and continue foraging, thus a larger portion of the forageables goes to bots.
VDZ

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:47 am

VDZ wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:

No, it's particularly later in the game. Early-game, when pool forageables are still plentiful, actual players will forage as well. Then the pool dries up and yields become low, and players get discouraged and forage less. Bots do not become discouraged and continue foraging, thus a larger portion of the forageables goes to bots.

please enlighten me what forageable gets botted through out the world other than MAYBE pearls.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby magisticus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:33 am

Just make the liklihood of finding pearls etc dependant on how many you have already found.
magisticus

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas