global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Postby Ysh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:35 pm

MightySheep wrote:or you could just do runescapes method where random NPCs teleport next to you (if you are actively doing something) and offer some low level free item but if you ignore them then they get mad and teleport you away to a random place

it was pretty infrequent but enough to help vs botters

I agree that global pool concept is dumb as fuck

They make these optional now because they do not do anything against bots. It is easy to write bots to solve these.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby xdragonlord18 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 pm

MightySheep wrote:or you could just do runescapes method where random NPCs teleport next to you (if you are actively doing something) and offer some low level free item but if you ignore them then they get mad and teleport you away to a random place

It didn't do anything for botters in Runescape and Haven is a far more open client with far lower security and even less moderator interaction. This would do literally nothing except inconvenience regular players.

wonder-ass wrote:so i suggest the same idea the witcher 3 had. spawn in area themed monster/animal in heavily patrolled areas by players, and make it so the monster/animal cant despawn. want to farm more in that area? group effort kill it. the average hermit wont get effected by this change but big factions that farm these spots 24/7 will have to deal with them or farm forageables in different areas leading to people actually exploring.

areas.forEach((area) => {
while(noBigBadMonster) {
loot(area);
}
});

Bots don't care that they have to walk an hour away to loot something.You can always just spin up more bots to balance out the distance traveled. Like literally every other suggestion to stop bots all it does is make it harder on regular players. You have to understand that making something more tedious or more difficult will never, EVER, stop botting.
Last edited by xdragonlord18 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:48 pm

xdragonlord18 wrote:

I didn't do anything for botters in Runescape and Haven is a far more open client with far lower security and even less moderator interaction. This would do literally nothing except inconvenience regular players.

wonder-ass wrote:so i suggest the same idea the witcher 3 had. spawn in area themed monster/animal in heavily patrolled areas by players, and make it so the monster/animal cant despawn. want to farm more in that area? group effort kill it. the average hermit wont get effected by this change but big factions that farm these spots 24/7 will have to deal with them or farm forageables in different areas leading to people actually exploring.

areas.forEach((area) => {
while(noBigBadMonster) {
loot(area);
}
});

Bots don't care that they have to walk an hour away to loot something.You can always just spin up more bots to balance out the distance traveled. Like literally every other suggestion to stop bots all it does is make it harder on regular players. You have to understand that making something more tedious or more difficult will never, EVER, stop botting.

haha ye! except its quite hard to find good q cave with good q glimmermoss! good luck letting your bot find that!
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby xdragonlord18 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:51 pm

wonder-ass wrote:haha ye! except its quite hard to find good q cave with good q glimmermoss! good luck letting your bot find that!

You have a group of bots grid search the map and save any caves they find. Then once they are done you spin up a bot for every cave and have them strip search the cave and record all the qualities of all the items they find then, based on how much you want, deploy bots to regularly harvest the top x caves. You could probably do all of that in like a couple days.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 am

xdragonlord18 wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:haha ye! except its quite hard to find good q cave with good q glimmermoss! good luck letting your bot find that!

You have a group of bots grid search the map and save any caves they find. Then once they are done you spin up a bot for every cave and have them strip search the cave and record all the qualities of all the items they find then, based on how much you want, deploy bots to regularly harvest the top x caves. You could probably do all of that in like a couple days.

ya dis did that w10 and got completely wiped.

(w9 my bad)
Last edited by wonder-ass on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby xdragonlord18 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:39 am

wonder-ass wrote:
xdragonlord18 wrote:

ya dis did that w10 and got completely wiped.

Completely wiped by what?
xdragonlord18

Postby DatSheep » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:22 am

By Jorbtar I would assume, or they somehow got tired of botting asf
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby jacksonblu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=51156

This is the closest thing to Dis getting wiped that I can find, but it is't a complete wipe nor in w10. Still, it set a precedent that if your botting is blatantly out of control, the possibility of some "Divine Intervention" is to be expected.
jacksonblu

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:22 am

Well, if you go back in history, Dis got wiped in w4, too, but because of the situation and the new mining mechanic, they just nuked the whole world, so we all had to pay for their greed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DPblH » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 am

MagicManICT wrote:Dis got wiped in w4

Dis was formed in w6, you know.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas