global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: global pool is a bad idea and here's why.

Postby HasseKebab » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:17 pm

Indeed, my experience with this system is quite horrible. Every new world i have less than week to get my forager credo since thats the only point in the game when you can forage glimmers for it, after that there's no point in ever going to actively be looking for them since most of the time you will simply find none. It feels really awkward and toxic since its a really good curio to have, especially in the early part of the world. But you simply have no chances of finding them after the first week and when the player population becomes low enough for you to be allowed actively foraging of glimmers, you already have better curiosities that could fill that study space instead.

I for sure haven't felt my life quality gone up because of me being softlocked from getting glimmers, edels and bluebells. :roll:
Last edited by HasseKebab on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HasseKebab

Postby Harthel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:28 pm

Plus 1
Harthel

Postby kirillius98 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Pools should be removed for good gameplay where it would be possible to get rare foragebles for normal players.
kirillius98

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:42 pm

HasseKebab wrote:Indeed, my experience with this system is quite horrible. Every new world i have less than week to get my forager credo since thats the only point in the game when you can forage glimmers for it after that, there's no point in ever going to actively be looking for them since most of the time you will simply find none. It feels really awkward and toxic since its a really good curio to have, especially in the early part of the world. But you simply have no chances of finding them after the first week and when the player population becomes low enough for you to be allowed actively foraging of glimmers, you already have better curiosities that could fill that study space instead.

I for sure haven't felt my life quality gone up because of me being softlocked from getting glimmers, edels and bluebells. :roll:

I agree 100%. Devs, fix this!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ysh » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:00 pm

I am not sure I ever find pearl and I boil clam all day.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Honestly I'd just straight up delete the stuff affected by this global pool from the game before coming up with a mechanic that only benefits bots, in a game in which "We try to take botting as a sign of a broken game mechanic, rather than as a sign of broken players."

It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby HasseKebab » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:22 pm

My problem honestly is just with edels and glimmers since those are curios meant for new characters when u dont have stuff set up, and i do understand the problem of people just botting glimmers if they have a flat chance to spawn instead, so how about we strike a middle ground where they arent the super op curio with 1.5k lph but also have a decent chance to be found?
HasseKebab

Postby VDZ » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:31 pm

HasseKebab wrote:My problem honestly is just with edels and glimmers since those are curios meant for new characters when u dont have stuff set up, and i do understand the problem of people just botting glimmers if they have a flat chance to spawn instead, so how about we strike a middle ground where they arent the super op curio with 1.5k lph but also have a decent chance to be found?

Then they wouldn't be Glimmermoss anymore.

People bot it either way, global pool or not. Use local pools so only areas that get botted have a shortage of glimmers and/or just tone down the spawn rate if it's problematic.

Nightdawg wrote:It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots. It only benefits bots.

There is no more convincing argumentation than just repeating your initial assertion over and over again.
VDZ

Postby NeoRed9 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:33 pm

Global pools make a lot of sense to me. Someone on the other side of the world finding a glimmermoss should make it less likely that I find one.

I have to take my schizophrenia medication now.
NeoRed9

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 pm

NeoRed9 wrote:Global pools make a lot of sense to me. Someone on the other side of the world finding a glimmermoss should make it less likely that I find one.

I have to take my schizophrenia medication now.

Bots can move just as easily as players. Don't convince jorb to replace a bad mechanic with another slightly less bad mechanic just because you have a compromise boner
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas