Nomad Credo

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nomad Credo

Postby Sevenless » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Granger wrote:
Fierce_Deity wrote:I realized after boating for 3 hours to get to a questgiver that I was still not near that the intended method of doing nomad is to abandon literally every travel, visit, or deliver quest. Working as intended clearly.

One word: Vortexes.

I'm taking a guess that rapid HF porting is what people were abusing to complete it earlier.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby nimb » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 pm

I just abandoned my way out of the Nomad credo /sigh

Went through 6 quest npcs in a row that were not on my continent.
nimb

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Knarring is really fun though!

I made a knarr as a hermit while crippling myself playing in a personal challenge mode without any farming whatsoever (I traded for 100 plant fibers with my neighbour to make leather cloth), so I don't think its too hard to plan ahead and make a knarr while you do the 3 credos you need to get to nomad..

TBH to me it seems like its actually faster than in previous worlds (taking roads out of the equation) because they are so fast and you can travel in a straight line most of the time. The only nomad quests I'm abandoning abandon are ones to study several long credos or tame animals.
_Gunnar

Postby xdragonlord18 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm

berifuni wrote:How hard and time consuming would it be to implement system based on borders? For example as pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/Sjjb0cR.png , I assume there are 4 continents (based on the landmass).

What I propose is to implement borders for the quest rolling system to check:

1. for the heartfire if it's located on one of the continents and if yes then, simply( :))) ) generate the quest from the pool of questgivers inside the borders of that continent.

2. if the hearthfire is located outside of those continents, if it is, then roll quests on the closest one ( or inform the player that sea life doesn't fit nomadic lifestyle(lol, alright I read about those people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sama-Bajau_peoples , but they are sometimes called "Sea Nomads" so it's an idea for a different credo :D)).

Loftar should just mark each of the 4 continents and then flood fill each one to decide where the borders are and aren't.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby Lojka » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 pm

same for gardener credo as i see now

u just skip every harvest 7day grow time crop, and do quests like eat an olive
balanced well
Lojka

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas