Nomad Credo

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Nomad Credo

Postby AntiBlitz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Perhaps i view the credo differently from your idea, jorbtar. I am suggesting that we keep the nomad credo relevant to the varying continents and not the entire map. I feel like this suggestion only makes sense considering the benefits of the credo, and the idea of what a nomad was. Perhaps this would open up a greater credo for traveling the world.
AntiBlitz

Re: Nomad Credo

Postby budzilla » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:50 pm

They talked about this multiple times in yesterdays stream. It was not their intention to have nomad send you across continents.
budzilla

Postby AntiBlitz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 pm

oh! well good, i was unable to watch the stream since i was at work, but im glad they put thought into it. perhaps next patch then, fingers crossed.
AntiBlitz

Postby Aceb » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:11 pm

budzilla wrote:They talked about this multiple times in yesterdays stream. It was not their intention to have nomad send you across continents.

Same as quests not being send over other continent while I get this every second quest. I wonder how long will it take to fix that.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:31 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:oh! well good, i was unable to watch the stream since i was at work, but im glad they put thought into it. perhaps next patch then, fingers crossed.

Next world more likely according to loftar. He might be able to figure out a way, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby berifuni » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:14 am

MagicManICT wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:oh! well good, i was unable to watch the stream since i was at work, but im glad they put thought into it. perhaps next patch then, fingers crossed.

Next world more likely according to loftar. He might be able to figure out a way, though.

How hard and time consuming would it be to implement system based on borders? For example as pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/Sjjb0cR.png , I assume there are 4 continents (based on the landmass).

What I propose is to implement borders for the quest rolling system to check:

1. for the heartfire if it's located on one of the continents and if yes then, simply( :))) ) generate the quest from the pool of questgivers inside the borders of that continent.

2. if the hearthfire is located outside of those continents, if it is, then roll quests on the closest one ( or inform the player that sea life doesn't fit nomadic lifestyle(lol, alright I read about those people https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sama-Bajau_peoples , but they are sometimes called "Sea Nomads" so it's an idea for a different credo :D)).
berifuni

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:25 am

berifuni wrote:How hard and time consuming would it be to implement system based on borders?

I don't know the internal code, and have no way of knowing how simple or complex of a modification it may be to add in. I'm merely passing on what was stated in the dev stream on the 28th of February.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mr_Bober » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:Perhaps i view the credo differently from your idea, jorbtar. I am suggesting that we keep the nomad credo relevant to the varying continents and not the entire map. I feel like this suggestion only makes sense considering the benefits of the credo, and the idea of what a nomad was. Perhaps this would open up a greater credo for traveling the world.

Forget about Nomad, even normal quests send you across the ocean, especially if you live on a costal area. I had to abandon all but 1 of my current quests because the NPCs I have to greet or laugh at are on another continent or ocean island
Mr_Bober

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:47 am

I realized after boating for 3 hours to get to a questgiver that I was still not near that the intended method of doing nomad is to abandon literally every travel, visit, or deliver quest. Working as intended clearly.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Granger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:06 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:I realized after boating for 3 hours to get to a questgiver that I was still not near that the intended method of doing nomad is to abandon literally every travel, visit, or deliver quest. Working as intended clearly.

One word: Vortexes.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas