Questing is Love, Questing is Life

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Questing is Love, Questing is Life

Postby ZantetsukenX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 am

I remember when I first did a quest and it rewarded with "Increases the quality of X item by +1 in local area" I was super excited because it felt like "I can really make a difference in my biome by doing quests.". Then I didn't see that reward again until 15 quests later and got kind of sad. I honestly wouldn't mind if like 50% of all quest rewards increased quality. But +1 on all the suggestions from OP.
ZantetsukenX

Postby dorag » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 am

+1
dorag

Postby dorag » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:52 am

my only issue is i think it should be just as good for everyone for the table that way it is someones job in the village to quest who likes exploring and they can still help the village in a play style they enjoy besides getting piles of meat that is probably useless b.c it isnt good kebab
dorag

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:23 pm

BlueArcher wrote:Who gets ahead of others will not change, those with more time on their hands will always have more time to improve, it's how they get ahead and stay ahead. Even more so when they know stuff casual players don't.
[...]
All this is from the standpoint of someone who doesn't even have 100 point in 2 stats yet, so this isn't me defending big villages, it's just the cold hard acceptance that there will never be equality in games, since that would ruin games for both the ones ahead and the ones behind. If you don't get how, you should use your brain more, really...

Wouldn't be so bad in case it would be the sum of the characters actions over the last some weeks (since then one could no-life a holiday to have some competitive fun at the end) but as the game is setup so that a character that didn't grind since minute zero of a world is practically guaranteed to suck sooner than later...

The problem isn't that the ones with more time are 'better' (by whatever metric) but that this inequality increases with every passing day so at some point in a world the ones who didn't or couldn't no-life can basically give up, lay down and die as they're irrelevant by basically every metric.

Endless growth in numbers is cancer for the game, while a new world can live with it for a while (till the imbalace gets too absurd) it's doomed to be consumed by it - like with a living being in which some cells decide to go immortal and concentrate on multiplication and these aren't killed in time by the immune system... the host is doomed.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas