Questing is Love, Questing is Life

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Questing is Love, Questing is Life

Postby tetradigem » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Agame wrote:
Best quest system: World of Warcraft, any version.

WoW quests are the same generic trash "quests" you see in every single MMORPG ever. go to place, kill 13 wolves, come back. go to next place, harvest 18 mushrooms, come back. next place go kill 23 DIRE wolves AND collect 37 PURPLE mushrooms. its the exact same thing as here, except here you generally only have to go somewhere and grab 1 of something, or raise 1 of something, or kill 1 of something.
tetradigem

Postby Sevenless » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:14 pm

tetradigem wrote:
Agame wrote:
Best quest system: World of Warcraft, any version.

WoW quests are the same generic trash "quests" you see in every single MMORPG ever. go to place, kill 13 wolves, come back. go to next place, harvest 18 mushrooms, come back. next place go kill 23 DIRE wolves AND collect 37 PURPLE mushrooms. its the exact same thing as here, except here you generally only have to go somewhere and grab 1 of something, or raise 1 of something, or kill 1 of something.

Significantly higher emphasis on walking. "Kill a deer" seems a lot more like a task than "Go here and finger this tree" does to most people I'd guess.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MooCow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 pm

With people talking about questing again, I think this idea is once again relevant. I have made changes to the idea to help encourage people to still quest on their main character, and reduce the effect of feeding quest rewards to an alt army.

If you are the person who actually did the quest, you get 100% of the bonus, if you are not, you only get 66%
MooCow

Postby yggdream » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 pm

MooCow wrote:LP quest rewards become a curiosity (66% of current rewards). It takes 1 slot, 0 mental weight, 0 exp, and 8 RL hours to study. Unaffected by meditation.Original quester gets 150% of the bonus (100% of current rewards)
  • Effectively creates a daily limit on lp rewards without punishing players who continue to quest
  • People who quest endlessly can still contribute to villages by sharing rewards
  • Greatly reduces the power of questing as a whole without making the actual lp rewards worse

So you could study 3 * 16 "lp quest" rewards per day? No thanks, you could even just keep spamming quests and stack up the curios to study them later when you have no better "real curio" to study...

"Greatly reduces the power of questing" - yeah no.

Just remove lp/hunger from system already.
yggdream

Postby LaserSaysPew » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 pm

yggdream wrote:
MooCow wrote:LP quest rewards become a curiosity (66% of current rewards). It takes 1 slot, 0 mental weight, 0 exp, and 8 RL hours to study. Unaffected by meditation.Original quester gets 150% of the bonus (100% of current rewards)
  • Effectively creates a daily limit on lp rewards without punishing players who continue to quest
  • People who quest endlessly can still contribute to villages by sharing rewards
  • Greatly reduces the power of questing as a whole without making the actual lp rewards worse

So you could study 3 * 16 "lp quest" rewards per day? No thanks, you could even just keep spamming quests and stack up the curios to study them later when you have no better "real curio" to study...

"Greatly reduces the power of questing" - yeah no.

Just remove lp/hunger from system already.

Is it really so hard to grasp that you can study only 1 at a time?
LaserSaysPew

Postby Ants » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:09 am

Removing lp/hunger rewards would be more simple and less risky.
Imaru wrote:However, the priority task concerning quests should be the protection of quest givers, don't you think so? All proposals will be meaningless if the Old Gods will not be through whom to transmit their desires :|

Maybe killing quest trees could require rage or vandalism?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MooCow » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:51 am

Ants wrote:Removing lp/hunger rewards would be more simple and less risky.
Imaru wrote:However, the priority task concerning quests should be the protection of quest givers, don't you think so? All proposals will be meaningless if the Old Gods will not be through whom to transmit their desires :|

Honest question, would you quest if you did not get LP/Hunger rewards? I defiantly agree that simply removing the rewards would be safe, but I think we can do better than safe. Simply removing the main reason people quest would remove quests almost entirely.
MooCow

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:39 am

MooCow wrote:
Ants wrote:Removing lp/hunger rewards would be more simple and less risky.

Honest question, would you quest if you did not get LP/Hunger rewards? I defiantly agree that simply removing the rewards would be safe, but I think we can do better than safe. Simply removing the main reason people quest would remove quests almost entirely.

no i would still quest because they give good gildings exp and q increases i just wouldnt do it 24/7
nosfirebird

Postby BlueArcher » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:46 am

It's a game, not meant to be fair.

The idea that Blizzard can make it and so should haven in 10-20 years, after mentioning that questing is a small part of haven seems dumb. You wanna just develop questing and forget every other part of the game for years???

Who gets ahead of others will not change, those with more time on their hands will always have more time to improve, it's how they get ahead and stay ahead. Even more so when they know stuff casual players don't.

Also, as it was stated somewhere, if you can exploit something, you are free to do so. If you can exploit questing, why shouldn't you? Just to have equal stats with others, why should players with more time hold back for others, who's feelings will get hurt...

Alts were, are and will continue to be a mayor part of this game, you can't make others stop using them, and complaining about that will get you nowhere.

If you wanna complain about bigger villages getting ahead, make your own. If you don't have friends but others can, then you're really just showing how butthurt you can get.

All this is from the standpoint of someone who doesn't even have 100 point in 2 stats yet, so this isn't me defending big villages, it's just the cold hard acceptance that there will never be equality in games, since that would ruin games for both the ones ahead and the ones behind. If you don't get how, you should use your brain more, really...
BlueArcher

Postby kitsune121x » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 am

to me the game was a lot more enjoyable without Quest now they've turned the game into a tedious job which is not enjoyable
my desire to jump onto the game is gradually dying away
when you get a quest harvest 19 troll mushrooms or some other difficult items to get for a CREDO Quest it just kills your mood to play the game even though you can drop those quests you'll just wind up getting another one like that eventually even some easy normal quests are annoying sometimes you have to spend 45 minutes to walk to an NPC this to see them :|
kitsune121x

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas