Credo "Lumberjack"

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Credo "Lumberjack"

Postby Hrenli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Sevenless wrote:Strikes me as odd. I did it on a relatively small island and it was trivial to find enough trees to mow down for it.

But you are quite limited in the selection of tree types. They are just making sure that when a quest for "chop a tree which was never seen in these lands 10 times" comes it's not a big deal. Complete palette for construction is another bonus I guess, so credo might be not the only factor here.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Hrenli wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Strikes me as odd. I did it on a relatively small island and it was trivial to find enough trees to mow down for it.

But you are quite limited in the selection of tree types. They are just making sure that when a quest for "chop a tree which was never seen in these lands 10 times" comes it's not a big deal. Complete palette for construction is another bonus I guess, so credo might be not the only factor here.

Vastly more effort to collect those random seeds and grow the trees than to just reroll. But to each their own I guess, some people really hate the concept of rerolling.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Hrenli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Sevenless wrote:Vastly more effort to collect those random seeds and grow the trees than to just reroll.

As I wrote - credo might be not the only motivating factor here. As for the effort - it doesn't take much energy to take a few seeds from a foreign biome while you are there looking for something really important for you.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Leny » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Sorry for the necro, but +1 for this. I was surprised there weren't any plant quests in the Lumberjack credo. People just run around cutting everything and not replanting, sad to see that :) Teach people to care ^_^

With the recent updates you can even plant from hand and it saves energy as cutting down a tree costs more than planting one.
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Postby Fierce_Deity » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:02 pm

When I needed to chop trees down for the credo I would just gather the seeds of that tree, get a shovel, and plant them with the new instant method. Chopping down babies counts to the quest...although a case could be made that they shouldn't.
Fierce_Deity

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Valgar wrote:felling tree after tree is just devastating for the server (especially the x10-15).

I don't think so, actually I think that the less objects exist the easier it is to handle them!

anyway, do not worry about running out of trees because they re-grow naturally at a more than high enough rate, you're not going to destroy a forest just because you had to make 2000 cupboards, and of course you will not make 2000 cupboards because you will not find an use for this amount of cupboards

but I agree thant having to cut 15 trees instead of 1 or 2 is very annoying!
MadNomad

Postby nanalyly » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:18 am

A good thesaurus can guide you in the right direction
contexto
nanalyly

Postby lordgrunt » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:47 pm

really worthy addition from necroshitbot. how could we ever go without such guidance
lordgrunt

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas