Credo "Lumberjack"

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credo "Lumberjack"

Postby Valgar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:34 am

I think Lumberjack credo should be reworked to be more "Ecological" cause felling tree after tree is just devastating for the server (especially the x10-15).
Perhaps some "Plant x tree" ?
Valgar

Re: Credo "Lumberjack"

Postby pimotimo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 am

ITs lumberjack credo not farming credo!also trees grow naturally so no worries.
pimotimo

Postby Valgar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:51 am

Miner credo quest : "Plant a Tower Cap" (It's a Miner credo, not a farmer credo), and in this example it's more acceptable for a Lumberjack to plant a tree (bringing him more wood thereafter), than planting a Mushroom/tree for a miner.

And more - Fisherman credo : "Defeat a swan" (perhaps Craft a fishing net/equipment) is more "fisherman" than slaughtering animals).
Valgar

Postby Kirche » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:57 am

trees regrow naturally so it's not that big of a deal also the map is huge so that's not really going to be a problem regardless, towercaps act as mine supports so it makes sense.
Kirche

Postby Mr_Bober » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:36 pm

+1
I like the idea. I don't think it's necessary for the server (trees regrow), but it would still be nice to have it as a quest. Making tree planting a bit more relevant in credos, since none seem to have anything to do with it.
Mr_Bober

Postby Hrenli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:39 pm

There is an old joke about lumberjacks contest where the winner turned out to be from Sahara. On the question "how the hell are you so good at it if there were no trees in the desert?" he just answered "there are no trees anymore". Suits the credo fine I'd say.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Could we also maybe plant seeds straight into the ground to halve their quality and give them a high stunt chance? I wanna be johnny Q5 appleseed.

Not honestly sure that's a serious request. I'd rather not have to plant trees for lumberjack, but maybe it could calm down on asking for x11 genocides for trees.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby abt79 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Considering the skills “Woodsmanship” and “Forestry” affect tree sprouting chance, treeplanting seems related enough to me to lumberjacking that this wouldn’t be a terrible idea (especially since there wouldn’t be a quality requirement on the tree planted)
abt79

Postby Hrenli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Well, I know people who are planting all the kinds of trees in the vicinity just preparing for the lumberjack credo. So it is indirectly there already.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Hrenli wrote:Well, I know people who are planting all the kinds of trees in the vicinity just preparing for the lumberjack credo. So it is indirectly there already.

Strikes me as odd. I did it on a relatively small island and it was trivial to find enough trees to mow down for it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas