Make palisade model go deeper into the ground

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make palisade model go deeper into the ground

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 pm

You know, I always thought this game attracted anal retentive players... and now I know for a fact that my theory is true.

Find me a motte and bailey that had evenly leveled walls... that was the whole point. It was a "fast" construction (days or weeks) to fortify a position.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:19 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You know, I always thought this game attracted anal retentive players... and now I know for a fact that my theory is true.

Find me a motte and bailey that had evenly leveled walls... that was the whole point. It was a "fast" construction (days or weeks) to fortify a position.

I like to build with the terrain. You should see the eye twitches this causes when I show my friends.

Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Sevenless wrote:I like to build with the terrain. You should see the eye twitches this causes when I show my friends.

This is how I do it, too. it takes more mental effort, but nowhere near the game time or labor to move dirt. Everyone I've had comment on my places in the past have thought they looked great. I'll usually even pick a hilltop or ridge to put my house on just so it has the concept of "house on an overlook," even if you can't actually get that in the game.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MadNomad » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am

shubla wrote:Or alternatively, make us unable to build palisade on uneven ground.

it's usually the best to build on even ground, but what if someones intention is to build on uneven ground? I think they should be able to do that in this case, assuming that the height difference beetween two points next to each other is not too big, ofcourse

Lyrroth wrote:that would be unnrealistic and unreal and unnatural for humandkind! devs should fix lenght not fuck up everything else!

the lenght should be just enough to look okay with highest possible height difference and it will be fine
MadNomad

Postby Turtlesir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Sevenless wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:You know, I always thought this game attracted anal retentive players... and now I know for a fact that my theory is true.

I like to build with the terrain. You should see the eye twitches this causes when I show my friends.

tbh i think the eye twitches are because of your material choices (of lack thereof).
Turtlesir

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas