a couple suggestions

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

a couple suggestions

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:21 am

1. Make smoking tobacco faster. Granted, I'm not using the best quality tobacco(q40) and my will is not that high(100) but it's still ridiculous that it takes more time to smoke a pipe full of tobacco(~20 minutes) to finally be able to port somewhere than to just walk there.
2. Hearth magic to help picking/tracking scents. 2000 exp. Shows all the scents within a small radius of where it's used(5-10 tiles), and buffs the user's perc*exp when tracking these scents(more uses, smaller delta). Why: makes scent detection an activity rather than a passvie ability. In other words, if you know or suspect that a crime has been commited you will be able to see the scent, and if you're unaware that anything even happend you will just pass by.
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Re: a couple suggestions

Postby Mr_Bober » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Don't really have any interest in the tobacco thingy, I'm ok as it is, but wound't be opposed to faster smoking.

Pan_w_okularach wrote:2. Hearth magic to help picking/tracking scents. 2000 exp. Shows all the scents within a small radius of where it's used(5-10 tiles), and buffs the user's perc*exp when tracking these scents(more uses, smaller delta). Why: makes scent detection an activity rather than a passvie ability. In other words, if you know or suspect that a crime has been commited you will be able to see the scent, and if you're unaware that anything even happend you will just pass by.

I think scent works fine right now. It's 2 stats vs 2 stats, giving both trackers and criminals a chance. If such a magic would be added, then they should also have a magic to get a stealth bonus, to make it fair.

I'm not personally a criminal, but I understand the charm behind it. With the current siege system, it's already hard enough to steal from whoever has a palisade up. No need to make it harder to steal from those who didn't, or left their gates open.
Mr_Bober

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:59 am

btw not sure if it's a bug or not but hookah and bullpipe don't seem to work faster than regular pipe, it's fake news
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby HasseKebab » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 am

+1
HasseKebab

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAjFu_ymFyM
so far it took almost 20 minutes to remove 40% TW :roll:
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Headchef » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:38 pm

+1 to making tobacco smoking faster

also +1 to remove kebab and +1 to remove hookah
Headchef

Postby Kirche » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 pm

-1 it's not supposed to be an instant solution, that's what heartwood leaves are for.
Kirche

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm pretty sure the other pipes are faster, though. Can someone confirm/deny?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:51 am

jorb wrote:I'm pretty sure the other pipes are faster, though. Can someone confirm/deny?

smoking q57 tobacco today(vs q26 yesterday), took 10 minutes for 50% TW using bull pipe
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:25 pm

Which is faster than using a normal pipe, right?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas