can we have world chat back?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: can we have world chat back?

Postby Saxony4 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 pm

jorb wrote:Nah.

no fun allowed

azrid wrote:Kingdom chat is the new world chat.

Kindgom chat sucks because you can't opt in/out of it at your leisure, and obviously limited to a kingdom only instead of worldwide.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Global chat

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Please add a global chat in game that lets people everywhere speak with each other whenever. The name that shows up in this chat could be the account name and can not be changed. This way you could also add a block list and add people to this list and their messages would not show up for the user. This would promote a community and keep people playing as they would not feel as alone.
Mario_Demorez

Re: Global chat

Postby Lyrroth » Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm

are you trying to be new shubla or something?
no i dont want a global chat. realm(p) chat is enough. seeing how both it annoys and bring joys to people.
Lyrroth

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Lyrroth wrote:are you trying to be new shubla or something?
no i dont want a global chat. realm(p) chat is enough. seeing how both it annoys and bring joys to people.

On some old custom clients they had global chat. Shubla recommends things that would hurt the enjoyment of the game and punish players. Global chat does not hurt other players in any way other than maybe their feelings? It would let people play the game and be able to talk to people who are online at the same time. At the moment this is already done in discord, everyone who doesn't use discord just uses the forums or skype.
Mario_Demorez

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm

How would a global game chat help people talk to people not playing? I am not against a global chat, just didnt understand that part.
DoctorCookie

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 4:36 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:How would a global game chat help people talk to people not playing? I am not against a global chat, just didnt understand that part.

some people quit online games due to the lack of a community or other players to talk to, I can play for hours and not run into anyone else in the game making me feel like no one else plays the game, however if I had a chat where I could speak to others who are on at the same time as me I would know others play the game. I’d be able to have a conversation with another person while I mine out a vein of iron or while I look for foragables on my continent. A global chat would strengthen the community in game which could decrease the amount of players quitting.
Mario_Demorez

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas