New Siege Implementation: Siege Claims

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: New Siege Implementation: Siege Claims

Postby Potjeh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Whatever Derek Smart 2.0.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Fostik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Dont like that mechanic, because it will cause situation when PvP will always be over people count or raided base resources.
I dont think game really needs this, do economics and strategy, not war.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby vaultboy80 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 pm

I may be mistaken, but it looks like the new siege system makes the village claim unnecessary and even harmful for many. It will be much more profitable to have several independent personal claims not covered by a village claim, which will have to be besieged separately.
vaultboy80

Postby Fostik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 pm

vaultboy80 wrote:I may be mistaken, but it looks like the new siege system makes the village claim unnecessary and even harmful for many. It will be much more profitable to have several independent personal claims not covered by a village claim, which will have to be besieged separately.

As it was before with old siege claim system - if village claim has no authority, other personal claim shields will not count.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Fostik wrote:
vaultboy80 wrote:I may be mistaken, but it looks like the new siege system makes the village claim unnecessary and even harmful for many. It will be much more profitable to have several independent personal claims not covered by a village claim, which will have to be besieged separately.

As it was before with old siege claim system - if village claim has no authority, other personal claim shields will not count.

Hence no village claim, at least where the personal claims are.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Lightning2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 pm

loftar wrote:To be honest, some level of planning for future upgrades is to no small extent on your own conscience.

There have been 2 walls in the last 10 years.

I too have the issue that I'm next to water obviously and can't just "wall around", yeh you can call planning your own issue but jesus lmao, can't toss words at every problem

Edit: Eh I reckon upgrading to brickwall ever should have been in that plan in a way, but yeh it's just not something you imagine after you see everyone with palisade forever
Lightning2

Postby vaultboy80 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm

Fostik wrote:As it was before with old siege claim system - if village claim has no authority, other personal claim shields will not count.

In the past system, at the end of the siege of the village, it was possible to break the idol and the banners. After that, the personal claim shields began to act, and they had to be besieged separately.
vaultboy80

Postby blank » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Since there is some sort of "claim" being put down then i suggest being able to build towers on these "claims" so you can shoot arrows over the pali/brick wall :lol:
blank

Postby Mechant » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:09 am

I am new to the game, I do play in a smaller group. With these changes, do I have to join a "huge zerg" to survive/have fun/etc. :?:
Mechant

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:03 pm

There has been a shocking lack of planning demonstrated by players in this topic. You really thought palisades would be the ultimate defense forever? As you were constructing your village, the thought that you might want to leave even a tiny amount of space to build a brickwall in case of updates never even crossed your minds? You can point to worlds 9 and 10 all you want, but it wasn't all that long ago that you could bash palisades by hand, and you really didn't think the pendulum would swing even slightly back in that direction?
NeoBasilisk

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas