New Siege Implementation: Siege Claims

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: New Siege Implementation: Siege Claims

Postby borka » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:12 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:You can point to worlds 9 and 10 all you want, but it wasn't all that long ago that you could bash palisades by hand

Back then it was also much easier to get the needed metal for the bw - even as a lowbie hermit (besides ramming a bw was easy too) ... just turning the wheel back to handbashing doesn't work considering what else has changed mucho ... i only came around one bw this world and thought: oh these guys are way ahead ... few days later the Siege thread came up in C&I ... now i see that guys plan ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:15 pm

My grouping plan to build brick wall every world, but we rarely will build one. It seem to me that it is obvious target for future buff. In general I will try to future proof my gameplay against this kind of thing where it is not much of burden to do it.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby dafels » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 pm

most of the people that are posting here don't even know how the current siege system works and not even speaking about the system that jorb is proposing here... best of luck jorby with the new system!!!!!
dafels

Postby rye130 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:57 pm

jorb wrote:When a siege machine would (criminally) deal damage to a wall object, a siege claim is created centered on the object where damage was dealt. The siege claim is created only on tiles where (any of the) claims present on the attacked object are also present, and at most within a 100x100 square. I think that may fix Ysh's and shubla's complaints. Further siege damage under the siege claim will raise the claim's Authority. When, and only when, the Authority of the siege claim is above a certain level, the siege machine can damage the actual wall object, and raze it.

So just for some clarification, siege claims are created only when dealing damage to walls (palisades and brickwalls only, or stonewall and fences too?) right? Houses, liftable objects, etc. will just take damage like normal?
rye130

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 am

That would be the idea, but it's possible that some houses should have wall-like qualities.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby boshaw » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 am

jorb wrote:That would be the idea, but it's possible that some houses should have wall-like qualities.

If you did do that would you make it so you can't build houses on claims you don't have permissions to? Similar to how walls are.
boshaw

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:20 am

That would seem to be an implication, yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Hrenli » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 am

And attacking an unwalled personal claim pole should not trigger the shield, right?
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:17 pm

No, that would just deal damage to the pole, as it does now.

jorb

Postby rye130 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:12 pm

jorb wrote:No, that would just deal damage to the pole, as it does now.

Couldn't you catapult someone's claim basically making their wall useless unless their base is big enough then?
rye130

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas