New Siege Implementation: Siege Claims

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: New Siege Implementation: Siege Claims

Postby Kirche » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 pm

loftar wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:You do realize islands are spherical right? Not square?

Again, arguing that we can't ever add better walls does not make a terribly strong case to me. Your base has not become worse than it was last world.

it doesn't matter about last world, you two are seriously dense, nobody designed their village based on outdated mechanics, they built it based on the mechanics you set forth at the start of this world, just make it so that we can BUILD FULLY SOAKED BRICKWALLS ontop of EXISTING PALISADES

NOBODY IS ARGUING THAT WALLS CANNOT BE BETTER THAN OTHER WALLS JUST LET US UPGRADE OUR EXISTING WALLS WITHOUT BASHING THEM.
Kirche

Postby jorb » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 pm

I disagree. The argument that you have been nerfed because we have implemented something better is just not true.

But enough about that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Sunk Cost Fallacy 2: Electric Boogaloo.

The thing you're complaining about isn't even that bad.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Dakkan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Wait for everyone to acclimate to this change and build brickwalls, then implement metal walls.
Dakkan

Postby yozzik111 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Damn, that's bad. We live on the small island and our outer walls are pushed as close to the water as possible (because of safety and usable area) and the line is pretty broken (like corner - few tiles - corner).
Now, breaking a wall (how much balls we need to break 6 minimaps?) and rebuilding it is a price we can't pay in the next month or more. And there is a time window we will be opened without the outer wall which is kinda unacceptable.

It is okay to be able to upgrade existing walls, but overall, this upcoming patch is very discouraging for non-pvp oriented factions and solo players. It won't add anything new and useful (not even lucrative or good).
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby Omnipotent » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Kirche wrote:
jorb wrote:I disagree. The argument that you have been nerfed because we have implemented something better is just not true.

But enough about that.

If you make something better, then by comparison, the other(s) are worse.

Kirche wrote:it doesn't matter about last world, you two are seriously dense, nobody designed their village based on outdated mechanics, they built it based on the mechanics you set forth at the start of this world, just make it so that we can BUILD FULLY SOAKED BRICKWALLS ontop of EXISTING PALISADES

NOBODY IS ARGUING THAT WALLS CANNOT BE BETTER THAN OTHER WALLS JUST LET US UPGRADE OUR EXISTING WALLS WITHOUT BASHING THEM.

This. Seriously couldn't care less about what happened last world. This is world 11, not world 10. When we made our bases we made them based on the siege mechanics of w11, not w10. This is completely changing the siege game as we know it.
Last edited by Omnipotent on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Omnipotent

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 pm

jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:So somebody can build a palisade 99 tiles away from my wall, and build single wrecking ball in it. And then my walls will be destructible within 18 hours?
Sounds like a shitty system to me.

Go back and read the suggestion again.

So its 50 tiles instead of 99?
Does not change much?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 pm

If I understand correctly then if someone will have a brickwall and a palisade few tiles behind it then siege engines can just shoot the palisade and build the siege claim authority that way and then just shoot the brickwall at the end so it's still the palisade sieging time that counts, which basically forces everyone to replace their palisades with brickwalls, not just add another layer of brickwall, or am I wrong?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:17 pm

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:So somebody can build a palisade 99 tiles away from my wall, and build single wrecking ball in it. And then my walls will be destructible within 18 hours?
Sounds like a shitty system to me.

Go back and read the suggestion again.

So its 50 tiles instead of 99?
Does not change much?

As a fix, maybe siege claim could only affect the claim that the damaged object was at?
And also claims overlapping with this claim, (if its a village claim)

This way building some dummy claim that does not intersect the claim that you are sieging won't allow you to do stupid tricks.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby yozzik111 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:18 pm

loftar wrote:Again, arguing that we can't ever add better walls does not make a terribly strong case to me.

You can do whatever you want (hope you won't), but we don't have a place for it. It is okay to add new content, but changing walls or adding new are kinda groundbreaking for basebuilding.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas