The problem with bloody trees and stones

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: The problem with bloody trees and stones

Postby Ants » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:41 am

shubla wrote:
Ants wrote:How are they harder to siege than anywhere else?

Less space to build siege things to

That only applies to tiny islands. Some islands are relatively small but still roomy enough for it to be easy to build battering rams.

Not having kingdom buffs means the islanders would less prepared if someone tried to raid them. They'd be behind on the quality race and wouldn't have easy access to big markets like mainlanders, so guys from the mainland would probably have better weapons and armor than them.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Ants » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Jorb, Loftar, any thoughts?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby DPblH » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:53 am

Everything is fine. Larpers/noobs/islanders should suffer.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Embers » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:33 pm

Oh boo hoo I settled on a tiny whiny island and now im forced to travel and don't get as many benefits as scary mainland. I totally should be treated as a special snowflake and receive all bonuses from just stomping my little feet, what a toxic community, boo hoo
Embers

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:00 pm

I think there needs to be more localized things that make one area advantageous over another. I don't think everyone should get the same advantages and I think that locality concept should be pushed even harder. I think charter stones shouldn't work over deep ocean, not just deeper ocean.

As an island dweller, I think OP should just suck it up and accept that they'll have to find ways to have advantages in other ways.

For the record, from what I can tell, even the big continents aren't going to have enough to get ALL the buffs.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Headchef » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Ants wrote:
shubla wrote:
Ants wrote:How are they harder to siege than anywhere else?

Less space to build siege things to

That only applies to tiny islands. Some islands are relatively small but still roomy enough for it to be easy to build battering rams.

Not having kingdom buffs means the islanders would less prepared if someone tried to raid them. They'd be behind on the quality race and wouldn't have easy access to big markets like mainlanders, so guys from the mainland would probably have better weapons and armor than them.

If you actually think the difference will be determined by kingdom bonus then you are as clueless as can be.

The fact that they are islanders will already be a huge setback in terms of speed of developement of early game, plus the fact that these people don't have proper organisation of faction anyway so they are behind no matter what bonus or other nonsense you try to attach to this.

Regarding this things can remain as is
Headchef

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Maybe in future there can be more object like tree and stone, but will only spawn on these small island. Then island nation will have different benefit than continental nation!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas