Ability to opt out of sharing xp with realm

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Ability to opt out of sharing xp with realm

Postby viznew » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:54 pm

I like it slowly rebellion grows and the king gluttonous in nature ignores his subjects and one by one day by day the realm grows weaker, rep plays a big factor this way as rep played big factor in any rise to power I suspect it would never bring down a realm but its an option for subject forced to serve a realm to resist

Benjamin Franklin wrote: Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God.

aslo realm should be able to block bonus for certain players cause rebellion has its downside
ImageImage
viznew

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:38 am

I somewhat agree that there are currently no ways to prevent some evil realm with 0 buffs leeching your xp for their own good.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby bmjclark » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:48 am

Can't you just move your HF underground and not give them experience?
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 am

bmjclark wrote:Can't you just move your HF underground and not give them experience?

But its such an effort to do so.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby bmjclark » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:00 am

Walk down minehole -> spend 5 branches and 1 dream. Such effort
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby viznew » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 am

bmjclark wrote:Walk down minehole -> spend 5 branches and 1 dream. Such effort

imagine someone fairly new to game thay dislike their realm its not immediately obvious thay chould resist but if thay see option thay now know a way plus you chould leech off realm like get bonus but not send xp if found out chould get bonus blocked say high ranking realm members chould inspect and get info so only in person chould get caught making for some ohh shit momments

Also it makes jobs patrolling for rebels
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Kaios » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:47 am

Unless something changed there is already the option to rebel and that's by building your own coronation stone and creating a new realm within the current realm's territory. This however negates any bonus you would receive from both realms on all overlapping territory but it allows you to challenge the other realm's cairns.
Kaios

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:55 am

Currently there is a dummy realm that is used by, well, I don't know what faction exactly, the name Gayleorik came up several times, to block HH from expanding. I am one of the tens of the hermits and small villages that got covered by it. We are basically being griefed and are ourselves supporting the griefer with our xp. I'd like the option to opt-out. And yes, no realm buffs should affect me during that period.
LaserSaysPew

Postby Kaios » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 am

While I can sympathize with how lame that situation is and agree that there should be some way that doesn't cost as much as having to create your own Realm to deal with that or deny them experience you or someone should still attempt to get their own realm up either way and extend it underground if possible or have an ally realm expand their realm underground somewhere for you so you have a place to put your hearthfire that is more difficult for someone else to cover with another realm in the way. If that isn't possible then at least you would be in a relatively good position to setup some walls and start sieging cairns, which probably sounds pretty boring I know.

LaserSaysPew wrote:Gayleorik

lol
Kaios

Postby Hasta » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 am

Kaios wrote:setup some walls and start sieging cairns

Now I say "but we're just several small 2-3 people settlements and a bunch of hermits, we don't have fighters and resources" and you say what basically translates to "welp, then bend over and relax your sphincter".
Didn't we have this discussion few worlds back? =)

Yeah, a powerful group of dedicated players (I took it upon myself to stop using cuss words now) can claim small/hermit settlements by force and deny them any beneficial buffs, with little to no possibility for victims to ever fix their situation, lest they move far, far away.

I'd say, "rebel against King" should be a toggle Spell, like criminal acts or swimming;
- it can be activated only on a territory of one kingdom, and have an internal cooldown of a week or more;
- it should put you in a state of "active rebel" for some time, maybe 12-24 hours (similar to "criminal", but only on the territory of said kingdom) - I feel the possibility to add some bonuses to destroying cairns, but with that comes a lot of exploitables, so this one needs a think tank;
- after "active rebel" wears off, you become a "passive rebel" (a partisan or whatever, a sleeper hunta cell member) for until the internal cooldown of "rebel against king" reaches zero (let's say, a week). Some limitations apply as well on the duration of this one - anything making your life inconvenient from increased travel weariness cost to inability to acquire/complete quests on the kingdom's territory.
- and finally you receive a permanent "denounced the King" buff that prevents you to receive ANY kingdom bonuses. All debuffs and limitations wear off. This can be removed by pledging allegiance to an active kingdom (lawspeakers or chiefs or whatever you guys who are not hermits have).

This may even be a non-random quest side-Credo. I mean, this won't be easy and will be dangerous, players will think twice about Rebelling, 'cause if you do it, there's no turning back. But it is a way to at least show griefers the middle finger, also, I believe this will add at least some fun to being a hermit under a "fake" cairn.
Hasta

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas