Don't put maneuvers behind rage please

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Don't put maneuvers behind rage please

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Is there any real reason bloodlust and Death or Glory have to be put behind rage?

Yes, combat meditation is good, but it feels a bit odd to restrict the these two ua maneuvers to people who want to engage in pvp (given that taking these skills has significant effects now)

Perhaps bloodlust could go behind Hearth Magic (thematically: berserkers go into a trance to channel animal spirits), and Death or Glory could go behind Lawspeaking ("death or glory" sounds like something a leader would say to trick the grunts into fighting harder ;)).

Or just make some new skills, I guess?
_Gunnar

Re: Don't put maneuvers behind rage please

Postby Headchef » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:37 pm

-1, knowing that someone is using these rightfully powerful stances, ensures the attacker he has found someone with rage instead of casual player.

The maneuevers are also both good in combat so to have people walking in fights without rage skill but with these maneuevers would also be dumb.
Knowing whether someone has it or not of course affects your willingness to go for the ko because playing risky yourself (risk death) just to take some guy his gear is not worth
Headchef

Postby Mr_Bober » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:38 pm

I think they fight behind rage.

Bloodlust is what you would expect from someone enraged, hence rage.
And Death or Glory is thematically appropriate for PvP, would make little sense for a normal hunter to have.
Mr_Bober

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Is there any real reason bloodlust and Death or Glory have to not be put behind rage?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Ysh wrote:Is there any real reason bloodlust and Death or Glory have to not be put behind rage?

they shouldnt be locked behind rage. that said identifying people with out rage should be easier.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby xdragonlord18 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
Ysh wrote:Is there any real reason bloodlust and Death or Glory have to not be put behind rage?

they shouldnt be locked behind rage. that said identifying people with out rage should be easier.

Why not?
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Well, because they are fun and, simply, I don't see why that particular instance of fun should be restricted to criminals/soldiers. I take the point about identifying rage characters using these, but perhaps there should be a different way of doing that.
_Gunnar

Postby Mr_Bober » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm

_Gunnar wrote:

Well, because they are fun and, simply, I don't see why that particular instance of fun should be restricted to criminals/soldiers. I take the point about identifying rage characters using these, but perhaps there should be a different way of doing that.

It's also fun to look into people's claimed containers, and yet you need trespassing to do so.
Mr_Bober

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:53 pm

xdragonlord18 wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:

Why not?

because they are extremely powerful moves? you could shit on someone with out dog and rage that has same stats as you simply because you have rage.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:00 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
xdragonlord18 wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:they shouldnt be locked behind rage. that said identifying people with out rage should be easier.

Why not?

because they are extremely powerful moves? you could shit on someone with out dog and rage that has same stats as you simply because you have rage.

If a man want to fight in PvP it seem reasonable to me that he will buy the PvP skill.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas